Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Did upwork mistook me for a client?

Highlighted
Ace Contributor
Sadia A Member Since: Dec 27, 2014
1 of 7

This is very strange! I just received  email from upwork that my client posted a job and then another email saying that the freelancer my client invited has accepted the invitation and I can interview her! This doest not make any sense! Are freelancers supposed to see what their client do in Upwork?

The link attached to the email takes me to my clients account and I can invite freelancers if I want to! And in my profile page I see ' Groupe BS'. I think it's a company of one of my clients. Why is it showing in my profile? Can anyone explain this? Is it a bug? None of this make any sense to me. **Edited for Community Guidelines**

Highlighted
Vladimir G Moderator Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
2 of 7

Hi Sadia,

I've checked and see your client assigned you a hiring manager role, which explains the notifications you're receiving. You can communicate with your client about changing your permissions or removing you from their team if this wasn't discussed previously, and if you haven't accepted this position within their team. 

Highlighted
Ace Contributor
3 of 7

Vladimir, I had no idea when or why my client assigned me a hiring manager role! I'll contact him. It's not that bad actually..I've always wondered what clients see when they post a job...and now I can see what clients see!  Smiley Very Happy

Highlighted
Community Guru
Cheryl K Member Since: Jul 16, 2015
4 of 7

Sadia:

Hire me!  Hire Me!!!!Woman Happy

Highlighted
Ace Contributor
5 of 7
Haha Cheryl, I wish I could! But my client just said he didn't assign me a hiring manager post. None of us knows why this happend!

@Cheryl K wrote:

Sadia:

Hire me!  Hire Me!!!!Woman Happy

Highlighted
Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
6 of 7

Hi Sadia,

In that case, please advise your client to go to their Settings> Members & Permissions, select your name in the list and change the settings as they want it to be.

~ Valeria
Untitled
Highlighted
Community Guru
Maria Marilyn M Member Since: Oct 27, 2010
7 of 7

I contacted Upwork support before about a client's account showing on my profile. They said it was a glitch and it will disappear soon. This was about 3 months ago as I check from my list of requests on the Upwork Help Center. 

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS