🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Didn’t get paid and client deleted job post
Page options
3a6923c7
Community Member

Didn’t get paid and client deleted job post

Hello,

I am a freelancer who started a fixed price contract on July 16 2022. It was one milestone and the due date was July 21. The client received my work on July 20 and replied asking me to deposit 200$ to create an employee private portal to link my account to his company. He deleted the job post and i haven’t received anything from him.

9 REPLIES 9
wlyonsatl
Community Member

Did Upwork's system show that you had a fixed price contract with this client?

How did you deliver your work to the client?

Yes 

I sent it on telegram as he asked 

Ghina N wrote:

Yes 

I sent it on telegram as he asked 

You sent money on telegram? If that is possible (no idea), then you paid outside of upwork. That will probably get you suspended. You should not even talk to people on telegram before hire. You very likely were never hired. People running the typical advance fee scam you describe don't hire. 

No i sent the work (documents he asked for) i didn't send him any money

So, there was never a conctract, just talking through Telegram?

Was there ever a contract, or did you just discuss this on Telegram?

You are brand new here with no photo, no profile, and an unapproved account. No legitimate client is going to hire you. You are a scammer's dream. If you want to be a freelancer, you must protect yourself and stop violating the Terms of Service before being permanently banned. Why did you break the rules?

designologybd
Community Member

Did Upwork show that the Fixed Price Contract was already Funded?
If it has already been funded it should have shown this at the Top Right Corner of your Project Overview,
Also did you check if the Client had his/her payment method verified?
I would suggest you to not Start Contracts if the Client doesn't have His/Her Payment method verified.

pgiambalvo
Community Member

You were scammed and won't get any money. I hope you didn't deposit the 200 because if you did, you won't ever get that back.

martina_plaschka
Community Member

1. The client didn't delete the job post. Job posts can't be deleted. Upwork can delete job posts when the client is a scammer defrauding freelancers. This is what happened here.

2. You violated ToS in a number of ways that seriously endanger your profile. Upwork does not only delete fraudulent clients, but also freelancers that violate ToS.  

3. You don't even have a profile picture, an absolute requirement. No idea how your profile was ever approved. It probably isn't.  

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members