🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Didn't get paid
Page options
64d30f39
Community Member

Didn't get paid

Hallo,

i want to ask something to you guys. last month i have a job from someone with private massage in UpWork. and after the job is done, he's never contact me again and never pay my salary. did you guys have some problem like me? and what should i do? that was my first job with upwork. 

can i contact or report him to UpWork?

thanks.

3 REPLIES 3
petra_r
Community Member

Zaw K wrote:

Hallo,

i want to ask something to you guys. last month i have a job from someone with private massage in UpWork.

Presumably you were never hired... If you go to "My Jobs" - is there a contract?

If not, you weren't hired, didn't have a job, and worked for free.

Never work until you have received and accepted an official offer through Upwork.

prestonhunter
Community Member

Zaw:
You made a mistake.

It happens.

Many new Upwork freelancers make similar mistakes.

The important thing for you to do now is:

1) Understand that you will never get paid for that work

2) Don't try to contact Upwork to get your money; they can not help you get paid

3) Learn from your mistakes. Make sure you study enough to know what you did wrong. If you don't fully understand what you did wrong, then ask questions here in the Forum.

4) Don't make the same mistake again in the future.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Zaw,

You are not hired for this job and shouldn't provide any work until your client send you an offer and a contract is created under your My Jobs tab.

Once the client sends you an offer, you should review it and accept. Once you have reviewed the offer and accepted the terms, a contract will be created. You will be able to see your contracts under the 'My jobs'. You can check this help article for more information about the interviewing and negotiating process. 

Please make sure you check resources in this post to help you get started.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members