🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Didn't realize my profile was set to priv...
Page options
cryssinn
Community Member

Didn't realize my profile was set to private while submitting proposals!

Hello!

I've submitted quite a few in-depth proposals and just now realized that my profile has been private this entire time because I haven't earned on Upwork in the last month. I've already submitted a request to get my profile set to visible, but am I going to get a credit for those connects that I've spent or will the clients at least be notified that my profile is now visible or something?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
prestonhunter
Community Member

No, you will not get connects back.

Using connects has nothing to do with your profile being set to private.

If you send a job proposal, then the client can see your profile.

It doesn't matter if your profile is private. That setting just makes it so that you don't show up in searches and browse lists.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
prestonhunter
Community Member

No, you will not get connects back.

Using connects has nothing to do with your profile being set to private.

If you send a job proposal, then the client can see your profile.

It doesn't matter if your profile is private. That setting just makes it so that you don't show up in searches and browse lists.

That's a relief – thanks for the explanation and insight!

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Crystal, 

I've set your profile visibility to public as requested. If your profile is set to private again after 30-days, or sometime in the future, check out the options listed in the email notification or in the pop up on Find Work page to set it back to public.

You may read more about this in this help article.

~ Avery
Upwork

Can you set mine back to public?  Both the company I applied to and I are not sure why they can't see my proposal.

Hi Megan,

Your profile visibility has been updated. Please check this help article to learn more about how you can avoid having your profile automatically set to private. Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork

Then why does the company I sent a proposal to not see my proposal, even though I'm showing confirmation on my end?  You set me to private immediately after I submitted it.  If not because I was set to private, then why?

roy-tamal_joyti
Community Member

Seems your account is okay. Do not worry . 

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths