Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Difference b/w oDesk and Upwork

petra_r
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
11 of 15

@Kristen B wrote:

I appreciate the encouraging words. Perhaps you are right. I need to market myself more. Perhaps I've been having the wrong attitude. A defeatist attitude. I need to look at things in a different, more positive light. And turn lemons into lemonade. 

That's it Smiley Happy

Kristen, I would say you could overhaul (just re-structure, putting an attention-getter at the top so it shows up in the preview window.) My "gut feeling" when reading your profile was that the impressive stuff was so far down that it will be missed by most clients simply because they don't get that far... I'd also hazard a guess that you would win more work with a considerably higher hourly rate.

Somehow I think you may have positioned yourself in a place in your market where you can't compete on price with the "low cost providers" who attract the "I want to hire as cheap as possible" clients, so you might as well go for those who are looking for something at the other end of the spectrum and who'll consider you great value for money at 50% more than your current rate....

Come on! You've got 5000 hours invested, you've done 500 contracts. you've got great feedback - you can rock this!

petra_r
Community Guru
12 of 15

Kristen, I just noticed something really odd! I was looking for you from my client accountto see how your "overview preview window" looks when seen in the list of search results.

There must be a bug!

Look at the hourly rate in the preview ... it's HALF what it says in your profile.......

Kristen.jpg

kristenbrady
Ace Contributor
Kristen B Member Since: May 20, 2009
13 of 15

Hey Petra,

Thanks for the advice, sweetie! Cat Happy

oquintela
Community Guru
Olga Q Member Since: Sep 5, 2012
14 of 15

My 'Marketing effectiveness' is a bit odd Cat LOL

Screen Shot 2015-08-31 at 11.38.05.png

petra_r
Community Guru
15 of 15

@Olga Q wrote:

My 'Marketing effectiveness' is a bit odd Cat LOL

Screen Shot 2015-08-31 at 11.38.05.png

don't knock it! It means you get hired and you get seen, and the average freelancer in your segment gets interviewed more and hired less! As you're here to get hired, not to be interviewed and then NOT hired, I wouldn't complain .... By the way, I just got paid to be interviewed.... that was a first! (It was the final interview at the end of a paid testing phase)

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS