Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Difference of time (hours worked) between Work Diary and Time Tracker

kavitkothari
Ace Contributor
Kavit K Member Since: Jul 6, 2016
1 of 5

Hi,

I am presently working on a Contract. Today, I have worked for approx 2 hrs. When I closed Upwork Time Tracker it showed 01.54 hrs worked. However, Work diary shows 1.40 hrs. 

Please guide and resolve the issue.

Regards,

Kavit 

petra_r
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
BEST ANSWER
2 of 5

You need to understand how the tracker works.

It does not record minutes for billing, but 10 minute segments.

Each segment runs from XX.X0 to XX.X0 and will be counted (billed and charged) provided there was activity in that segment AND a screenshot was taken.

So either you had a segment without any activity, or you logged out of the tracker before the screenshot of the last segment was taken, which means the last screenshot will not be recorded.

Just make sure you start at the beginning of a time segment (like at 9.10 or 12.40 or 6.30) and work to the end of the last one, that way you will not lose out.

View solution in original post

kavitkothari
Ace Contributor
3 of 5

Thanks Petra for your prompt reply. I understood that I should start work at XX.X0 but regarding stopping work

1. Shall I stop at last screen capture (after completing the ongoing thing) so that I do not lose out?  and 

2. Does that mean that Final count is as per Work diary which is 1.40 Hrs and not 1.53 hrs or 1.50 hrs?

Thanks in appreciation,

Kavit

petra_r
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
4 of 5

@kavit K wrote:

Thanks Petra for your prompt reply. I understood that I should start work at XX.X0 but regarding stopping work

1. Shall I stop at last screen capture (after completing the ongoing thing) so that I do not lose out?  and 

2. Does that mean that Final count is as per Work diary which is 1.40 Hrs and not 1.53 hrs or 1.50 hrs?

Thanks in appreciation,

Kavit

1) Always work until a screenshot was taken in the last time segment before you are planning to stop working. Time segments without a screenshot are not counted, recorded, billed, charged or paid.

2) The final "count" is the number of screenshots in your work diary. So if there are 14 screenshots in your work diary it counts 2 hours and 20 minutes ( 6 per hour, plus 2)

The 153 is just how long the tracker was running, not how much work was recorded.

It only counts 10 minute segments for charging purposes, it does not count individual minutes, and does not take sements into consideration which had no activity, or which had no screenshots.

kavitkothari
Ace Contributor
5 of 5

Thanks a lot Petra for your help

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS