🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Differences between being interviewed and...
Page options
2a1f127b
Community Member

Differences between being interviewed and being responded

Hi everyone

I have a question about the story of the proposals.

After you send the proposal to the client, the client can respond or not. If he responds, your proposal will be activated.

OK, if your client can send you a message, he can also ask questions about your profile. My question is this: Should the interview specifically be only about the profile contents?
What is the difference between being interviewed and being responded to the proposal by the client? If the client asks you questions while responding to your proposal, what will it be called?

Have A Xmas

Shadow, yet Light-lover
ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Thank you, Belal

I appreciate your patience and your interest in helping others. 

I don't have a problem reviewing those courses, but my confusion is not understanding what the interview is, or when the account will be activated. The problem is:

1. The "Find Work" tab has two items named "My Proposals" and "My Stats".

In My Proposal, you can view your proposals based on their status. Here you can see four status for proposals:

1-1. Submitted proposals
1-2. active proposals
1-3. Invitations to interview
1-4. offer

2. In "My Stats" there is a place called "Analytics" where you can see statistics related to three stories in a selected period:

2-1. Profile View
2-2. Invites
2-3. Proposals

Regarding the last story, the Proposals, there are four items:

2-3-1. Hired:
2-3-2. Interviewed:
2-3-3. Viewed
2-3-4. Sent

The whole story is this:

Proposals listed as "Active" in My Proposal are tagged as "Interviewed" in My Stats.

If Upwork behaved consistently and did not replace the proposals that it calls "Active Proposals" in one place with "Interviewed" in another place, I would never have a question, especially since there is a Status called "Invitations to interview" in "My Proposals" which is very likely to be confused with "Interviewed" in My Stats.

I also strongly recommend that Upwork replace "Interviewed" with "Activated" as the current names are very misleading.

Shadow, yet Light-lover

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
prestonhunter
Community Member

That is up to YOU to decide.

bilal1983
Community Member

I understand what you're saying... In Upwork terms, once a client responds to your proposal, you're in the interview stage. You can then go on to have a proper interview over Zoom.

So basically once a client makes contact, you both can discuss anything you want as long as communications stay on UW, before a contract is in place.

Sometimes, it may not lead to a contract at present, but circumstances may change for you or the client in future, and it could lead to some work down the line.

Thank you for taking responsibility and making a response 

According to My Proposal and My Stats menu, it is not taken like this.

If answering protozoal mean being interviewed? So why do we have the following items in my proposal menu?

Active
Invitation to interview
Offer

In the past 30 days, I have had two active proposals and no interviews.

Shadow, yet Light-lover

Hi everybody

I have a question;

When such a clear question that every active freelancer gets involved with whenever he is waiting for the result of his proposal; A question that is basically thought to have a standard answer; A question that is probably caused by my misinterpretation of the definition of words, remains unanswered in the Upwork freelancer forum, it is for no reason other than one or a combination of the following one:

1. Very few freelancers have seen this post.
2. Freelancers who see this question on average consider it stupid and don't want to answer it.
3. Freelancers who see this question are on average too lazy to answer this question.
4. Freelancers who see this question are more or less facing this question themselves, but they don't care about it, and therefore they don't want to answer it.
5. Freelancers who see this question on average do not understand the question at all, and therefore do not answer.
6. Freelancers who see this question are too busy to have time to answer this question.
7. The freelancers who see this question are on average newcomers like me, and they have more or less this question themselves, and they are waiting for someone to answer.

8. Other reasons

What do you think is the reason for this story? If the reason is due to other ones, what are they?

Shadow, yet Light-lover

Saeid, have you gone through the Academy section? Under Learning Paths, I'd recommend going through the Working on Upwork 101 course.

And if you have more questions, you can ask them here. Another tip if you don't get a response on a question is to see if a similar question was posted earlier and go through the responses on those threads.

Active proposals are those which got a response, which allows you to discuss the project with the client. (Active proposal means you are in interview stage as per UW terms).

Invitation to Interview is when a client reached out to you, and not in response to a proposal. If you accept the invitation (you'll be asked to send a proposal when you accept), that will move it to an active proposal (meaning it will go to interview stage).

Offer is when a client will directly just try to hire you without an invitation to interview. In addition, when during an interview stage, you and the client agree on the terms, the client will officially send you a contract offer to start working with him/her. So your stats show that you have 1 offer, and two other active proposals (interviews on-going), which can go on to become offers.

I think, at least the proposal report in My STats is misleading!

Shadow, yet Light-lover

Please look at the attachments.
I've sent 39 proposals so far, not any client has sent an interview invitation for me.

I've just received messages from two clients. So, what's the meaning of "two proposals interviewed" in My Stats?

Shadow, yet Light-lover

Interview happens when a client responds to your proposal by sending a message to you on Upwork, OR when a client sends you an Invitation to Interview which you accept, by sending a proposal.

I've sent 39 proposals so far, not any client has sent an interview invitation for me.

Yes, that's fine. Invitation to interview is not is response to your proposal. It is when a client searches you and then invites you to look at their job post and send a proposal. So, basically a client has not sent you an invitation to look at their job yet.

I've just received messages from two clients. So, what's the meaning of "two proposals interviewed" in My Stats?

As explained above, when a clients messages you in response to a proposal, you are automatically in the interview stage, so that is why your My Stats says two proposals interviewed, because two clients messaged you. Hope that clarifies it.

I strongly recommend going through the Academy courses I mentioned earlier as those go through each aspect in detail.

Thank you, Belal

I appreciate your patience and your interest in helping others. 

I don't have a problem reviewing those courses, but my confusion is not understanding what the interview is, or when the account will be activated. The problem is:

1. The "Find Work" tab has two items named "My Proposals" and "My Stats".

In My Proposal, you can view your proposals based on their status. Here you can see four status for proposals:

1-1. Submitted proposals
1-2. active proposals
1-3. Invitations to interview
1-4. offer

2. In "My Stats" there is a place called "Analytics" where you can see statistics related to three stories in a selected period:

2-1. Profile View
2-2. Invites
2-3. Proposals

Regarding the last story, the Proposals, there are four items:

2-3-1. Hired:
2-3-2. Interviewed:
2-3-3. Viewed
2-3-4. Sent

The whole story is this:

Proposals listed as "Active" in My Proposal are tagged as "Interviewed" in My Stats.

If Upwork behaved consistently and did not replace the proposals that it calls "Active Proposals" in one place with "Interviewed" in another place, I would never have a question, especially since there is a Status called "Invitations to interview" in "My Proposals" which is very likely to be confused with "Interviewed" in My Stats.

I also strongly recommend that Upwork replace "Interviewed" with "Activated" as the current names are very misleading.

Shadow, yet Light-lover
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths