🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Different exchange rate USD to IDR
Page options
e97a4133
Community Member

Different exchange rate USD to IDR

Hello, I want to ask why the Exchange Rate on upwork is different from the real one, I want to withdraw my money from usd to idr but it's differenScreen Shot 2021-04-19 at 09.54.53.pngScreen Shot 2021-04-19 at 09.56.49.png

3 REPLIES 3
ceefaeca
Community Member

Yes, whenever you get your money converted from the USD, not only here on Upwork but through any channel, you get a rate slightly lower than what Google will tell you. 

As a freelancer one should accept this since it will always happen. You will never get a rate which you will find on google search. To be honest, Upwork gives really good conversion rates in comparison to others. 

Whenever I withdrew from my Upwork balance, they always gave me the last day's closing rate. Sometimes it is less, sometimes it is more. But, again, as a freelancer earning in USD one should be habitual of this thing. 

petra_r
Community Member

Novreza R wrote:

Hello, I want to ask why the Exchange Rate on upwork is different from the real one

There is no such thing as "the real one".

As banks are not charities, the charge for transferring money and exchanging currencies. What you see in Google is the mid-market rate. As a retail customer, you don't get that rate. Banks sell currency for a bit more than they bought it at.

abdulwasay2028
Community Member

Exchange rates between the US dollar (USD) and the Indonesian rupiah (IDR):

1 Dolar Berapa Rupiah: 15.590 IDR (Mulai 11 Maret 2024) - I just on this website so costly

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members