🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Difficult Client
Page options
maaz_muqri
Community Member

Difficult Client

I worked on a flyer design for a client. Everything went well and she liked the design. Upon sending the final file, I made a mistake by not changing the Title on one side of the flyer. She did not review the flyer and sent it to the printer. Which as per her cost $60. Now she's put all the blame on my shoulders that I should have reviewed before sending. I accepted my mistake and apologised to her quite a lot of times now. Also asked her if she needs the refund ($20). Now she is not willing to close the contract until I pay her $60 which of course I will never pay. Now I am concerned about the bad feedback that she will leave if I close the contract from my end. What should I do? File a dispute?

4 REPLIES 4
spectralua
Community Member

You cannot dispute.

You may refund 20 but not must.

You not must refund 60.

You will receive bad feedback for sure. Public + private if dont refunded, private only if refunded. 

You can remove that feedback with your TopRated perk.

I reached her around 6 to 7 times asking to conclude the project. Even offered a free service for a business card that she told me about earlier. But she shows up once a keep and asks for 60 dollars. Lol

I recently used my perk for the first time in 50+ jobs. Now I have to wait for 10 jobs and 3 months to use it again! 

ashrafkhan81
Community Member

If you are determined to not give her the $60 she is asking, which you do not need to, she is anyways going to give you a bad feedback.

So, I suggest do not refund the $20 either! Yes, you should have been careful but she also should have checked it, it is her responsibility to check an verify if you did what was needed to be done. 

End the contract from your side, of her feedback is very nasty, refund the $20 to hide the feedback. Your JSS is at 100, a bad private feedback should not effect your JSS much for a $20 contract ....

Alternatively after closing her contract, try and see if you can close other open contracts to push her feedback down...so that her feedback is not the first thing others see...

Put it behind and move on...don't waste more time and energy on it.

maaz_muqri
Community Member

I think this is the best possible option left! 

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members