🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Difficult client .... please help!
Page options
pamela_sironi
Community Member

Difficult client .... please help!

Hello Community,

Hope you can help me to solve a “strange” situation I’m living with a client.
He set a milestone 4 weeks ago, we agreed on the contents to be written and I submitted my work earlier than the agreed deadline.

He then changed his mind and said that he preferred me to do this and that and I revised my work.

Again he changed his mind and request for another version.

Then he disappeared for more than a week.

Now, I did my job, I revised it and submitted it according to the timings.

My 75$ milestone is on hold since Oct. 7th and the client disappeared again. Very frustrating.

What can I do? Can this pending milestone affect my JSS?

Shall I submit my final work and ask for the payment?

I do not want to be rude and receive a bad feedback ...

Thank you for your suggestion!
9 REPLIES 9
petra_r
Community Member

Pamela S wrote:

My 75$ milestone is on hold since Oct. 7th and the client disappeared again. Very frustrating.

What can I do? 

If you submitted the milestone correctly using the "submit for payment" button on the contract, you get paid automatically 14 days after you submitted or resubmitted. (it's 14 days from the last time you clicked on that.)

Pamela S wrote:
Shall I submit my final work and ask for the payment?
I do not want to be rude and receive a bad feedback ...

That's what you should have done in the first place. That's what the function is there for and it's how we submit work to clients. There is nothing remotely rude about using a system correctly and how it was designed to be used.

Pamela S wrote:
Can this pending milestone affect my JSS?

Not yet.

Thank you!

how long does a milestone need to be pending before it affects a JSS?

Pamela S wrote:

how long does a milestone need to be pending before it affects a JSS?

A contract (not so much a milestone) with nothing ever paid at all, since the contract started, doesn't hurt the JSS until it gets to around 60 days.

Once there has been any payment at all, at any time, it's pretty much harmless in most cases.

Got it, thank you

lucioric
Community Member

It is valid to enter some new ideas in an ongoing milestone, but not to change completely the project. If you clicked the Submit work, the milestone will be released after 14 days of the click. Some thousand-ideas clients don't have the face to reject the approval. But if he does, say him politely that you did what he needed and applied an asked correction, that if he wants something more, you will do it joyfully after the current work segment is closed. If the client does not accept it, escalate the issue with technical support.

Only refrain to complain to the client about his/her absence, because some clients are sensitive.

Thank you very much.

the thing is that I did the job I was requested (introduction to a catalogue) but then the client said that my job was more adeguate for a press release and I slightly revised it base in this new request.

then he said that he preferred the first version ....

he's driving me crazy!

the thing is that I only submitted my job via message just to let him revise it and send me his comments.

as he now disappeared again, I'm about the send it via milestone in order to get the payment ....

I hope he doesn't get annoyed by that but I did my job and I have to be paid!

yhe thing is that the client doesn't know what he wants ....

Pamela S wrote:

Thank you very much.

the thing is that I did the job I was requested (introduction to a catalogue) but then the client said that my job was more adeguate for a press release and I slightly revised it base in this new request.

then he said that he preferred the first version ....

he's driving me crazy!

the thing is that I only submitted my job via message just to let him revise it and send me his comments.

as he now disappeared again, I'm about the send it via milestone in order to get the payment ....

I hope he doesn't get annoyed by that but I did my job and I have to be paid!

yhe thing is that the client doesn't know what he wants ....

You should get into the habit of submitting work ALWAYS with the submit for payment button. There is no reason for a client to get upset about it when you do it from the start. Think about it as an invitation to the client to request changes, not something you need to wait for indefinitely. 

Thank you for the advice.

I'll do that for sure.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths