🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Difficulty Understanding the Payment processi...
Page options
hassaanmalik85
Community Member

Difficulty Understanding the Payment processing TIME for Direct to Local Bank Transfer in Pakistan.

Dear All!

I have a question regarding withdrawals from Upwork Direct to Local Bank in Pakistan. I have seen many freelancers from Pakistan have reported issues of payments not received (which is my current issue as well) and most of them are saying that usually it took 2 to 3 hours or even less than that to receive payments to their Local Bank after clicking withdraw on Upwork. And when I look at the replies of Upwork Support Reps they are always like It takes 3 to 5 business days for these transactions to process. Now here lies the confusion that how come it is possible for freelancers to get their withdrawal within few hours when standard processing time is minimum 3 business days? Kindly help me in clearing the confusion.

Thanks!
9 REPLIES 9
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Hassaan,

I would like to confirm that It can take between 2 to 5 business days for the funds to be loaded on your bank account. If you have not received the funds after 8 business days let us know, and our team will initiate a trace on your transaction. Thank you!

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi Goran.

Thanks for your reply.

The confusion about Freelancers claiming 2 to 3 hrs time for payments to get transferred is still there. If also freelancers from Pakistan who have experienced this scenario and received payments within few hours of initiated transaction can participate in this thread then that would also be a great help.

Thanks!

Hassaan M wrote:
The confusion about Freelancers claiming 2 to 3 hrs time for payments to get transferred is still there.

They're lucky then. Simply accept that it can take between a few hours and a few days. Because that is what the reality is.

Thankyou for your comment Petra.

Hmmm... now what can I say to that. So just initiate the withdrawal and then pray that you get lucky 😁.

Hassaan M wrote:
Hmmm... now what can I say to that. So just initiate the withdrawal and then pray that you get lucky 😁.

No, assume 2 to 5 business days, and be pleasantly surprised if it's faster. But plan on the 2 to 5.

Interesting...😊
Hoping to be amazed upon next withdrawal.

Thanks!

Hi Goran,

So today is the 8th business day from when I made the withdrawal i.e. 27th Nov, 2020. I still havent received it in my Local Bank. I would request you to kindly initiate the trace.

Regards,
Hassaan Usman Malik

Hi Hassaan,

I'm sorry to hear that you still didn't receive your funds. One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Thanks Aleksandar.
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members