ishaq_awan

Direct Bank Transfered to Inactive account

Hi,

Recently payment from upwork was transferred to my added bank account(according to schedule), but the receiving account was inactive. What is the scenario in this case? Payment was processed from upwork end a week ago ago but the account did not show any transaction.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
petra_r

If the funds can not be credited to your account you will have to wait until they find their way back. They WILL go back to your Upwork account, but it could take 2 weeks or so, depending on the process. All you can do is wait.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
petra_r

If the funds can not be credited to your account you will have to wait until they find their way back. They WILL go back to your Upwork account, but it could take 2 weeks or so, depending on the process. All you can do is wait.

My payment was transferred and processed on 25th September but the receiving account was inactive at that time. The account was reactivated on  5th October. Till today no payment was credited to my account. I contacted the remittenace department of my bank but there is no evidence of any pending remittance. How can I trace the remittance now?

Ishaq,

I checked and it looks like the withdrawal was processed on Upwork's side. If the funds don't arrive to your bank account after it's been reactivated and don't return to your Upwork account, you can contact customer support to initiate a trace.

~ Valeria
Upwork

I have the same problem.

I recently added a payment method (US bank account), waited for my statement then verified it, but I just discovered I had to 'ACTIVATE' it too! The problem is I requested to withdraw payment to that account. I was curious as to why I haven't received my money yet so I went to my account and clicked my payment method setting. Turns out I did'nt 'activate'. So I activated it however, until now I still don't have the money on my bank account. There was never in the instruction to "activate it".

Usually, once it is verified, it is good to go. Or after verifying, maybe there should have been an instruction to activate it afterwards. If I didnt check the settings of my account, I would have never known that I have to activate it.

Please help my issue.

Hi Kaycy,

I just checked your withdrawal and it was successfully withdrawn on our end. Your funds should be loaded on your bank account in up to 5 business days, in case you have not received them after 8 business days you can contact us here and we will initiate a trace on your transaction.

~ Goran
Upwork

Thank you so much for your reply. I will repky again on this thread if I don't get my earnings within 8 business days. I really hope it was successful even though that happened. Thanks so much
ishaq_awan

Hi,

I transferred direct bank payment to an invalid account (incorrect iban and account title). 
If I delete the incorrect info payment method from my account, would the amount still safely return back to my account eventually?

Yes, it will (eventually) come back but it will likely take at least a week, more likely 2, sometimes longer.