🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Direct Contract Second Month
Page options
loveleshsoni1349
Community Member

Direct Contract Second Month

Hello Upwork,

First of all, it is shame that there is no direct support for us who are using your platform and submitting a part of our earning as a fee to you. 

I created a direct contract with my client in the month of October. I was fully paid by my client and now I want to send another contract for the month of November 2020. How do I do that?

Should I create another contract and send that to my client or should I use the milestone option in current contract? (I don't know how to use milestone in current contract.)

If, I use milestone in current contract, I saw that the total amount rose after I put the amount for November month and the fee also was calculated on total amount. But i have already paid the fee (3.4%) for October month. Will I be charged 3.4% again on total amount or just the amount that I want to charge for November month?

Kindly share any email or phone support as I want to resolve this asap.

Best

Lovelesh

3 REPLIES 3
JoanneP

Hi Lovelesh,

Yes, you will be charged the 3.4% fee. Direct Contracts is a separate product from the rest of the Upwork marketplace and does not include the same features as traditional accounts. As a result, it does not cost us as much to offer and maintain, and we are able to extend those savings to you. In general, charging fees is a critical part of Upwork being able to continue to grow and bring new clients to our marketplace. With Direct Contracts, we only charge a payment processing fee because freelancers are bringing their own clients. 

~ Joanne
Upwork

Hi Joanne,

Thank you for sharing the information. But I still did no get answer to my second question.

Will I be charged 3.4% for whole amount I am seeing or will I be charged for additional pay I am looking to add by creating a new milestone in the current active contract?

Example: If I had created a contract with 100$ initially for the month of October and that amount was funded and I withdrew it as well after paying all the fees - 3.4% , TDS charge of 0.75% and 0.99$ direct to local transfer fee.

Now, I am looking for my client to fund me the pay for November which is $100. When I tried to add a milestone in the same contract, I saw that the total amount rose to $200 and the fee also is also reflecting on $200 and not $100. 

Having already paid all the charges for previous $100 for October month, I should be charged only for additional $100 for November, is that correct?

Regards,

Lovelesh

Lovelesh S wrote:

When I tried to add a milestone in the same contract, I saw that the total amount rose to $200 and the fee also is also reflecting on $200 and not $100. 

Of course... because you are increasing the value of the contract by $ 100

Lovelesh S wrote:

Having already paid all the charges for previous $100 for October month, I should be charged only for additional $100 for November, is that correct?

Yes.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members