🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Direct Contract jacked my bosses money!
Page options
ab686edb
Community Member

Direct Contract jacked my bosses money!

I have already submitted tickets but this is a serious matter, I sent my boss a direct contract for an hourly job and right in front of me he tried to accept and pay it. 2 times he tried and both times is said his card was rejected. He later informed be that he was charged 2 times! and I looked at the direct contract and the status has not changed a bit. Still says waiting to respond. Obviously the card works and I am completely verified on upwork ( All Tax forms and identification / verification ) This is an emergency and need help asap.

31 REPLIES 31
petra_r
Community Member

Matthew W wrote:

I sent my boss a direct contract for an hourly job and right in front of me he tried to accept and pay it. 

How would your client be right in front of you while paying?

ab686edb
Community Member

Well I work with him in person and im swithcing over to an independent contractor using upwork.

petra_r
Community Member

Matthew W wrote:

Well I work with him in person and im swithcing over to an independent contractor using upwork.

Why would you do that? That sounds most strange. Especially when there isn't even any feedback on Direct contracts... (in case you were trying to balance out the back outcome by adding one from a friendly "boss" - which is feedback building ad forbidden) You'd be literally paying fees for absolutely nothing at all and draw attention to your account and your client's and the "relationship".

ab686edb
Community Member

Why does that matter, that isn't the issue I need help with and im well aware it doesnt change any profile stats and feedback. I need help getting my bosses money back or getting the contract to work.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Matthew,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to your client directly to assist them with this concern. 

Thank you for reaching out to us. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
ab686edb
Community Member

Thank you so much! I would love to be able to use the Direct Contract service as soon as possible, do you have an estimate on when this could be resolved?

Is there any way the contract could be started from one of his payments and the other one refunded since he paid twice or would it all go into the same contract.

ab686edb
Community Member

Nothing has been done about this and my client has not recived any support. This is starting to get ridiculous.

Matthew W wrote:

Nothing has been done about this and my client has not recived any support. This is starting to get ridiculous.

There are a lot of people in line for support and it's only been like 90 minutes since your last comment. Usually these tickets and responses take 24 to 48 hours to address. Emergency is a word for when someone is deathly ill or someone's house is on fire.  

re: "This is an emergency and need help asap."

Why is this an emergency?

Isn't this better characterized as a "glitch that needs to be resolved."

The original poster isn't even the client.

It is an emergancy because 1. I said it is an emergancy 2. myclient / boss who I work with personally is out almost $2,000 because of some glitch and my client is crazy busy so he doesnt have time to do help desk issues which I have been doing for over 6 hours non stop now and not 1 single lead or response that has been helpfull. And nothing you said helps me out of the situation, im not even sure what you were getting at with that response? Besides criticizing someone who needs immediate help. Not trying to be rude to you it is just this process to get back 2,000 or have it transfered into the contract seems impossible and ridiculous and is now a big stress.

You think Im just getting help on this forum? I have been working on this since yesterday and non stop this morning for over 6hrs. And last time I checked you don't decide what is an emergancy for other people. Im working with a startup where currently every cent matters so when something "Gltiches" away 2k. Yes this is an emergancy. I dont get why i'm getting attacked for stressing out and wanting answers.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Matthew,

I apologize for the delay in receiving an update. I'll go ahead and follow up with the team handling your case and you can expect to receive an update on your ticket directly.

Thank you for your patience.

~ Bojan
Upwork
ab686edb
Community Member

Sorry on my end as well, but thank you so much!!!! I super appreciate that and just want to get to work!

tlbp
Community Member

Hourly direct contracts are paid in advance? Or, did your boss plan to pay you $2000 and end up paying $4000? Let the computers and the credit card company sort it out. 

ab686edb
Community Member

Thank you! and my boss was only planning on paying $625 for the week, it didnt go through ( Declining his card ) Then 2 hours later up-work charged him for over $1,800 and still says my contract is waiting / not active 😞

Good luck paying your bills sir.

I can understand the frustration concerning the answers your getting. I think Upwork sees it too. Some people are just full-time upwork community "let me annoy you and bring nothing of value" people. I think it ranks them up and they get more enterprise class customers that way or something. I just want to block some people. Stop replying to posts if you have absolutely nothing usefull to add. It's actually very annoying because these ranked member look like theyre official whilst they can't even hold a candle to the talent on this platform. 

Enjoy your weekend. If anything, just get serious and ask to speak to a manager, Upwork is the absolute best platform for freelancers, but I think too much power is being given to **Edited for Community Guidelines** users.

When in doubt, only read the replies from "UP" badged users, they're Upwork. Some people need to go read the community forum rules again. I could be like them and start reporting them for being rude and not helpfull at all. Again, enjoy your weekend and it'll work out in the end. Was probably a glitch.

You are amazing!!!!! Thank you times a million and have a wonderfull weekend!!!!

John R. C wrote:

I can understand the frustration concerning the answers your getting. I think Upwork sees it too. Some people are just full-time upwork community "let me annoy you and bring nothing of value" people. I think it ranks them up and they get more enterprise class customers that way or something. I just want to block some people. Stop replying to posts if you have absolutely nothing usefull to add. It's actually very annoying because these ranked member look like theyre official whilst they can't even hold a candle to the talent on this platform. 

Enjoy your weekend. If anything, just get serious and ask to speak to a manager, Upwork is the absolute best platform for freelancers, but I think too much power is being given to **Edited for Community Guidelines** users.

And some people spend time on here giving bad or inaccurate advice. It's a community forum - it's open to comment by all members. 

My point, if you go back and read my post, was to let you know that it can take awhile to get a response, and that posting over and over wasn't going to get it dealt with any faster. We all know how startups work. Ranting and raving on a forum doesn't make customer service any more amenable to requests, especially when bringing a client who could just hand you a check or Venmo you the money is somewhat suspicious. 

Hey Amanda,

I apologize if you misunderstood me. You basically just got a reply and assumed I was talking about you. I wasn't talking about anyone specific. Honestly though, your response is really strange, because your basicly saying that the freelancer shouldn't have used Upwork. Look, the thing is: I can understand that a lot of bad actors are everywhere, trust me.... they're not posting on this forum. Maybe he introduced his boss to this amazing platform and his boss bought into it and yeah.... I'd contact him and fix the issue, because if I where the boss I'd be kinda pissed at the moment.

Finally someone who understands, thank you again! 🙂

John R. C wrote:

Hey Amanda,

because your basicly saying that the freelancer shouldn't have used Upwork.

I said no such thing, nor did I imply such. 

John R. C wrote:

I think it ranks them up and they get more enterprise class customers that way or something.

It (obviously) does no such thing in any way, shape, or form. 

John R. C wrote:

they can't even hold a candle to the talent on this platform. 

Really LOL?

John R. C wrote:

I can understand the frustration concerning the answers your getting. I think Upwork sees it too. Some people are just full-time upwork community "let me annoy you and bring nothing of value" people. I think it ranks them up and they get more enterprise class customers that way or something.

No, it's just for the pleasure people get from criticising. I get it. I enjoy criticising too,  but these days I usually just do it inside my head, not out loud.

Hi all,

Hope you're having a great weekend. Please note that a few posts have been removed and edited on this thread since their content violated Community Guidelines. I'm closing this thread for further responses. Thank you for your feedback and participation, please do keep in mind our Guidelines when posting in the Community forums.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
petra_r
Community Member

Tonya P wrote:

Hourly direct contracts are paid in advance?

Yes, they are. At Upwork's "estimate" of the weekly billing.

You need to stop sending private messages to forum members like me. I don't work for Upwork and can't help you get your money back. You are just going to have to be more patient.

Christine A wrote:
You need to stop sending private messages to forum members like me. I don't work for Upwork and can't help you get your money back. You are just going to have to be more patient.

It is not even his money, so all these writings are in vain, because it does not affect his account at all. 

tlbp
Community Member

Petra R wrote:

Tonya P wrote:

Wow. So Upwork charged $1800 as an estimate maybe?

petra_r
Community Member

Tonya P wrote:

Petra R wrote:

Tonya P wrote:

Wow. So Upwork charged $1800 as an estimate maybe?

Could be weekly limit x hourly rate, I am not sure!

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members