Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Direct Link to my website

Highlighted
Sybil W Member Since: May 9, 2016
1 of 16

Hello Community,

Have a question.  The answer may be here, and I'm just wording my question incorrectly.  So, I'm hoping someone here can provide a reply.

I have 15+ years as an entrepeneur, with wide and varied experience.  I have a website with all that information on it as a resume / work experience.

Is it OK to add my website link to proposals so potential employers can review the examples of my work? This is NOT with the intent of taking work off Upwork.  My website refers people back to Upwork to complete the hiring process.

Thanks for replies.

Sybil

Community Guru
Delwar H Member Since: Jan 30, 2015
BEST ANSWER
2 of 16

You can include it in your job proposals but not in profile overview. 

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Sybil W Member Since: May 9, 2016
3 of 16

Thanks, Delwar.  That makes sense.

Highlighted
Aurora M Member Since: Sep 21, 2018
4 of 16

Hi, I actually noticed this photogragher add her website as well as her social media links to her profile... how does that work if you can not add it to your profile and only proposals? 

Highlighted
Community Guru
Jo-An B Member Since: Aug 2, 2016
5 of 16

Hi Aurora,

Adding social media accounts are allowed to be added on one's profile on Upwork. The purpose for linking your social media accounts is so our system can gather more information about your skills and experience, and use that information for features like job recommendations. Let us know if we may be of further assistance.

~ Jo-An

Untitled
Highlighted
Danny B Member Since: Jun 22, 2020
6 of 16

Why can't I add my portfolio? How are people going to know if I'm any good if they can't see my work?

Highlighted
Joanne Marie P Moderator Member Since: Nov 26, 2017
7 of 16

Hi Danny,

Is there an error message when you tried to add your portfolio items?

-Joanne
Untitled
Highlighted
Danny B Member Since: Jun 22, 2020
8 of 16

When I try to add a link to my portfolio it says something along the lines of “ no outside links can be added”.

Highlighted
Bojan S Moderator Member Since: Mar 9, 2018
9 of 16

Hi Danny,

Like the rest of your profile, posting contact information isn’t allowed in your portfolio. That means that links added can’t include your email address, phone number, or chat ID. Please check this help article for more information.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Untitled
Highlighted
Community Guru
Mary W Member Since: Nov 10, 2014
10 of 16

I believe that it's okay as long as you cannot be contacted directly through the website.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS