cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Direct Link to my website

Sybil W Member Since: May 9, 2016
1 of 12

Hello Community,

Have a question.  The answer may be here, and I'm just wording my question incorrectly.  So, I'm hoping someone here can provide a reply.

I have 15+ years as an entrepeneur, with wide and varied experience.  I have a website with all that information on it as a resume / work experience.

Is it OK to add my website link to proposals so potential employers can review the examples of my work? This is NOT with the intent of taking work off Upwork.  My website refers people back to Upwork to complete the hiring process.

Thanks for replies.

Sybil

Community Guru
Delwar H Member Since: Jan 30, 2015
BEST ANSWER
2 of 12

You can include it in your job proposals but not in profile overview. 

3 of 12

Thanks, Delwar.  That makes sense.

Aurora M Member Since: Sep 21, 2018
4 of 12

Hi, I actually noticed this photogragher add her website as well as her social media links to her profile... how does that work if you can not add it to your profile and only proposals? 

Community Guru
Jo-An B Member Since: Aug 2, 2016
5 of 12

Hi Aurora,

Adding social media accounts are allowed to be added on one's profile on Upwork. The purpose for linking your social media accounts is so our system can gather more information about your skills and experience, and use that information for features like job recommendations. Let us know if we may be of further assistance.

~ Jo-An

Untitled
Community Guru
Mary W Member Since: Nov 10, 2014
6 of 12

I believe that it's okay as long as you cannot be contacted directly through the website.

7 of 12

Thanks! Mary, for your reply.   I will double check that there is no direct contact on the website.  

However, there are enough links there, if one clicks around enough, one is bound to find a way to contact me outside Upworks.

Community Guru
Tiffany S Member Since: Jan 15, 2016
8 of 12

The "no way to contact you" restriction is only for links on your profile. You are allowed to provide contact information when you submit a proposal, so it's not a problem at that stage.

Tarun C Member Since: May 17, 2013
9 of 12

I had a similar query as it will solve a lot of my problems. I am still apprehensive even inspite reading the above responses so thought I would reconfirm again. Is it OK to attach a link to my portfolio website within a proposal? It obviously carries my contact information as how else would it function otherwise. I could send a link in the same post once I receive your response so you can review it. I want to play safe and so wanted to double-check on this. I am a loyal Upwork worker and wouldnt wanna spoil my profile or be suspended for such a thing. So kindly confirm upfront.

If it is allowed then it will greatly relieve me of my troubles as my portfolio website is neatly organised and I can make my proposals richer by adding the relevant link.

Earnestly waiting for your reply.

Kind regards

Tarun

Community Guru
Maria A Member Since: Apr 6, 2016
10 of 12

You can add a link to your portfolio within proposals, but not in your public profile.

TOP KUDOED MEMBERS