cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Direct Link to my website

Highlighted
Sybil W Member Since: May 9, 2016
11 of 16

Thanks! Mary, for your reply.   I will double check that there is no direct contact on the website.  

However, there are enough links there, if one clicks around enough, one is bound to find a way to contact me outside Upworks.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Tiffany S Member Since: Jan 15, 2016
12 of 16

The "no way to contact you" restriction is only for links on your profile. You are allowed to provide contact information when you submit a proposal, so it's not a problem at that stage.

Highlighted
Tarun C Member Since: May 17, 2013
13 of 16

I had a similar query as it will solve a lot of my problems. I am still apprehensive even inspite reading the above responses so thought I would reconfirm again. Is it OK to attach a link to my portfolio website within a proposal? It obviously carries my contact information as how else would it function otherwise. I could send a link in the same post once I receive your response so you can review it. I want to play safe and so wanted to double-check on this. I am a loyal Upwork worker and wouldnt wanna spoil my profile or be suspended for such a thing. So kindly confirm upfront.

If it is allowed then it will greatly relieve me of my troubles as my portfolio website is neatly organised and I can make my proposals richer by adding the relevant link.

Earnestly waiting for your reply.

Kind regards

Tarun

Highlighted
Community Guru
Maria A Member Since: Apr 6, 2016
14 of 16

You can add a link to your portfolio within proposals, but not in your public profile.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Tiffany S Member Since: Jan 15, 2016
15 of 16

Tarun, moderators have responded to this issue in the past, and have affirmed that it is fine to provide any contact information in your proposal or subsequent discussions, just not on your profile.

They want to prevent people from finding you via Upwork and making initial contact outside the site. Once you've sent a proposal, you've officially connected through Upwork and you're free to communicate any way you want--just don't accept payment other than through Upwork.

Highlighted
Tarun C Member Since: May 17, 2013
16 of 16

Thanks for the go ahead on this. I shall make sure to maintain the sanctity of not accepting payments outside of Upwork as I have always done.

Thanks again.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS