🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Direct Transfer to Local Bank with US Currenc...
Page options
eldion-creative
Community Member

Direct Transfer to Local Bank with US Currency

I live and work in Albania (Eastern Europe), we use ALL (Albanian Lek) here.
I am trying to avoid the outrageous currency convertion fees of both Paypal and Upwork.

So I have created an account within my existing bank account (BKT), in US Dollars.

When I added it as a payment method into upwork, it still shows as ALL (see attached screenshot).
Will it convert the balance from USD to ALL then back to USD (keeping double the convertion fees)? Or will it transfer the balance directly as USD?

Does anyone has had a similar experience?
Thanks in advance.

4 REPLIES 4
petra_r
Community Member

Eldion N wrote:

When I added it as a payment method into upwork, it still shows as ALL (see attached screenshot).
Will it convert the balance from USD to ALL then back to USD (keeping double the convertion fees)? Or will it transfer the balance directly as USD?

"Direct to local bank" is ALWAYS in local currency so yes, you would end up with twice the charges.

To transfer US Dollars to a US Dollar account you need to use Wire transfer, which costs $30 but is worth it for withdrawals of over around $700

Thanks for the promt reply Petra,

I appreciate it.

I know that maybe this isn't the right place, but what if you transfer your balance to paupal business account, then into a USD account? Has anyone tried this? Do you think it might work with minimal fees?

basha-herta
Community Member

Hello Eldion,

Did you find a way to solve this? Do you have any updates?

Thanks in advance,

Herta

Hi Herta,

Thank you for reaching out to us. Although this is an old thread you're posting to, allow us to assist you with your concern. Can you please tell us more information about your concern so that we can assist you accordingly?

Please note that Direct to Local Bank allows you to easily move your earnings from Upwork directly to your bank account, in your local currency. You may want to check this help article to learn more about Direct to Local Bank Fees and Timing. Looking forward to your message.

~ Arjay
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths