🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Direct contract cancellation
Page options
umer_mib
Community Member

Direct contract cancellation

Hi there, I am new to Upwork and didn't know how it works I want to build my profile but I have created a direct contract with my client and it doesn't show on my profile now my client is ready to post a job on Upwork and I will bid on it and win that So if I cancel the existing contract does it show on my profile?

1 REPLY 1
petra_r
Community Member

Muhammad Umer I wrote:

I want to build my profile but I have created a direct contract with my client and it doesn't show on my profile now my client is ready to post a job on Upwork and I will bid on it and win that So if I cancel the existing contract does it show on my profile?

You want to be a bit very careful about that so it isn't considered profile- and feedback-manipulation, which is a violation of Upwork's terms of services and can get you banned. Contracts that are created with the purpose of boosting profiles are forbidden and you've essntially admitted that already.

I would strongly suggest you complete the direct contract as intended, and "build your profile" by bidding on the marketplace and winning genuine contracts from real clients like everyone else, rather than getting a "client" to post a job just to leave you feedback and build your profile.  Fake job posts are not allowed either and should your "client" just happen to also be a freelancer,  they are risking their own account, too.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members