🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Direct contract offer did not come throug...
Page options
sfalkens
Community Member

Direct contract offer did not come through

Hi, I need some information.  I've been away from Upwork for the last 2 months, but today one of my long, steady clients reached out to me to offer me a new job.  We spoke on zoom and went into our profiles.  The client posted a job and sent me an invitation to interview; I immediately accepted the invitation, but the client received a note saying the page was not valid!  The client did not receive my acceptance. I could not issue a new proposal, (because I had already sent a proposal) so I changed terms and re-sent.  Still the client didn't receive that.  While we were speaking, I went into 'find jobs' to see if I could apply directly (using connects) but it did not show up on my feed...during this time, another freelancer had applied for the job (while the client was still on zoom with me).  Finally, the client removed the job.  Why did this happen??

(Finally it was resolved, when I proposed a new job and the client accepted, but the above process doesn't make sense).  Any advice?  Thanks.   

10 REPLIES 10
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Sandra,

Could you please reach out to me via PM (click on my name) and share your client name with me so that I can check the details further? Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Thanks Goran, I replied to your message.

sfalkens
Community Member

Hi Goran,

This has now happened again!  A new client has sent me an offer today - we have been chatting on messenger, and it never came through to me.  She had to cancel it (which I DID receive) - what is happening?!?  She sent me the below screen shot.

https://www.upwork.com/messages/att/396759db-71a7-4421-b443-477ca70d0914

Hi Sandra,

I just followed up on your PM with more details. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

I have waited 10 hours for the Upwork support ticket to reply to my question.  Nothing has come through since you mentioned the support ticket.  This is really disappointing.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Sandra,

A member of the team has reached out to you already and is awaiting your response. If you aren’t able to see the email you should also be able to access the ticket directly here.

Thank you! 

~ Bojan
Upwork
sfalkens
Community Member

Hi Bojan, I checked throughout the day yesterday and did not see any message (after the original from Goran stating that someone would get back to me); no notification was sent to me that a message was waiting. Today I see a message from Jessica asking me to send a screenshot of the problem - which I sent to Goran yesterday already!

sfalkens
Community Member

On top of this, I replied to Jessica 20 minutes ago, and then tried to go into the conversation again to send a copy of the screenshot she asked from me, and I am unable to open the discussion - 20 minutes of trying and no success.....very weird.

BTW, the original client problem from yesterday did not get resolved 😞 

Hi Sandra,

Thank you for your message. You can also view and respond to your support ticket via your registered email address. Feel free to message us if you are still unable to send the screenshot to our support team.

Thank you.

Pradeep

Upwork

Thanks Pradeep - I have just sent the message via email (hadn't thought of that) and included the screenshot.  Thanks.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths