🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Direct contract with client!
Page options
nawazish-hassan
Community Member

Direct contract with client!

I have to send a direct contract to one of client who is not at Upwork, he wants to pay me through Paypal. Does Upwork direct contract give option to client to pay through Paypal?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Nawazish H wrote:
The only question is client is asking me if he would see the option to attach his paypal when he gets this contract through Upwork.

That depends on whether the client's PayPal account is veryfied and backed by a credit card and on which country the client is from.

Not all clients from all countries can pay by PayPal on Upwork.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
pgiambalvo
Community Member

The contract must be set up here on Upwork before they can pay you through Paypal, which will still go though Upwork first. That means the client must sign up for Upwork before they can set up a contract. If they are trying to get you to communicate with them off of Upwork or to just pay you directly through Paypal without setting up a contract here, you are not allowed to do that and they are probably trying to scam you.

I have done direct contracts before, I know I have to send them through Upwork, client will receive email and then signup. The only question is client is asking me if he would see the option to attach his paypal when he gets this contract through Upwork.

Hi Nawazish,

Once your client has accepted the contract they can pay for it via one of our accepted billing methods. You can share the guide with your client as well if they would like to read more about our billing method. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

So clients can pay through any of the other methods besides PayPal?

Hi Diell,

Thank you for reaching out to us. Yes, they have options other than Paypal. When clients set up their billing method, they will see the options available to them.

~ AJ
Upwork

Nawazish H wrote:
The only question is client is asking me if he would see the option to attach his paypal when he gets this contract through Upwork.

That depends on whether the client's PayPal account is veryfied and backed by a credit card and on which country the client is from.

Not all clients from all countries can pay by PayPal on Upwork.

Peter G wrote:

That means the client must sign up for Upwork before they can set up a contract. ying to scam you.

It's a direct contract. There is no need to "sign up for Upwork" - in fact the entire point of  direct contract is that the client doesn't have to sign up for an Upwork account. In fcat, doing so would mean that they can't use direct contracts.

Also, Upwork does not accept PayPal as a payment method from all clients.

Peter G wrote:

If they are trying to get you to communicate with them off of Upwork or to just pay you directly through Paypal without setting up a contract here, you are not allowed to do that and they are probably trying to scam you.

By their very nature, direct contracts are contracts between parties who already know each other from outside Upwork, so they are, of course, free to communicate or even accept payments any way they like.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members