cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Direct contract

badorl
Gbolahan B Member Since: Dec 10, 2020
1 of 40
I tried to login into my account today to send someone who wanted to give me a job outside upwork a direct contract proposal, but to my disappointment I notice Direct contract is not functioning on my account again? What could be the cause?

Could it be that the upgrade/maintenance that upwork team want to carry out is the reason it's not functional, or the feature has been axed from my account.

Please I need a quick response.

Thanks
Regards
bstojadinovic
Bojan S Moderator Member Since: Mar 9, 2018
2 of 40

Hi Gbolahan,

I checked this for you and I can't replicate the issue you're describing. Could you please share more information about the issue you're experiencing along with the screenshot of the error message if you're seeing one?

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
badorl
3 of 40
What I am trying to say is that I used to use the direct contract feature before, but just today that I try to use it, the feature loading up again.

Kindly check the screenshots I attached.
bstojadinovic
4 of 40

Thank you for following up, 

Looks like you're experiencing this on your mobile. Could you please try using this feature on your computer or laptop to check if you’re still experiencing the same issue? Let us know if the issue persists. Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork
badorl
5 of 40
Thanks so much for your help, i just logged in on my pc and it worked
umerhussain67
Muhammad Umer H Member Since: Aug 9, 2020
6 of 40
Hi,
I had a direct contract with a client. I did work for him and delivered him the files. He rejected the payment request and told me to do revision. I revised the file and send him again via email. He keeps saying i never received the revised files but i sent him via email 4 times. He doesn't reply to email now and keep rejecting the payment request and lying. Moreover when i send him file and submit a payment request he calls me un professional. Strange. I requested help from "Get Help" tab at direct contract and submitted my question with detail there but no response till now it's been almost 18 hours. I also contacted support so they can take the matter to relevant department they said someone will contact you as soon as possible but it's been almost 12 hours since then and no one contacted.

Please guide me or open a support ticket so i can explain my matter to support and they can help me get my payment.

Thanks
bstojadinovic
7 of 40

Hi Umer,

I’m sorry to hear about your experience. It looks like your ticket has been escalated to the correct team for review. Please allow time for our team to respond and update the ticket. If you have any additional questions please post them on that ticket for further assistance.

Thank you for your patience!

~ Bojan
Upwork
badorl
8 of 40
Please check the screenshot I attached so you could understand what I'm trying to say.

I'm trying to attach a video though but the site doesn't support video format
b6f5b61d
Shamsa F Member Since: Jun 26, 2020
9 of 40
I need information regarding direct contracts. Please let me know.. if I invite my client on Upwork on hourly rate.
When I manually lock hours.. does these hours will be asked for time of day..that these should be different from upwork time tracker's time? Like in Upwork jobs case.. the time can't be same as the time locked in other job.
Do direct contacts time treated differently than upwork jobs?
Please make this clear.
Also please let me know other differences between direct contract and Upwork contract.

Thanks,
Shamsa
bstojadinovic
10 of 40

Hi Shamsa,

Thanks for your question. After you and your client agree to create a contract and set a weekly rate and time limit, we’ll estimate the weekly total and require your client to deposit that amount into Upwork’s secure escrow account. Once your client funds the deposit, we will notify you and you can confidently begin work knowing your payment is secure. Payment protection does not cover work additional hours beyond the set weekly limit or expenses.

The Time Tracker feature is not an option with Direct Contracts. With hourly Direct Contracts, you and the client agree to a weekly limit on hours. Before releasing payment, the client can also review the manual hours invoice so they can reach out to the freelancer with any questions and, if needed, file a dispute.

Here is the help article with more information.

~ Bojan
Upwork
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS