🐈
» Forums » Support » Direct Contract Invoice info
Page options
6f9636f4
Community Member

Direct contracts client invoice information

I created a direct contract, the customer paid for it, but the invoice generated has his name (cardholder name) and not the name of the company. Is there a way to generate an invoice with the name and address of the company?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Jose,

Invoices that are generated for payments made via Direct Contracts are in the same format as invoices generated for regular contracts. The From section of the invoice will include your name and information and the Bill To section will include your client's information.
For more information, please see the help article here.

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

46 REPLIES 46
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Ricardo,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you with this request. 

Thank you for reaching out to us. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
Community Member

I am having exactly the same issue. Any help would be much appreciated.

Hi, 

i'm having the same problem with direct contract and invoice. Can you help me please? 

Tnx

Hi Ivana,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further with invoices.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
92da4090
Community Member

I have the same problem, is it possible to be contacted and to get the good invoices. Thanks.

Hi Djamel,

Someone from our team will reach out to you via support ticket in order to assist you further.

~Andrea
Upwork
84650fae
Community Member

I am having exactly the same issue. Any help would be much appreciated.

Community Member

Hello,

I am going to use the direct contract framework to render services to a client. Client wants an invoice the legal info of his company(company name adress tax no) how can I control to whom the invoice is addressed on the client side. I need to close the deal latest tomorrow. I need help urgently. Please help! 😭 and thank you😊

Hi Kamil,

I shared your concern with the rest of our team and one of our agents will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

I am also having exactly the same issue. Any urgent help would be much appreciated. 

Community Member

Hey from my experience, ı learned the following:
1. There is no way to put a specific company name in the invoice theough the system. The system automaticaly writes the owner’s name of the credit card which was used to pay.
2. If your client has a company card. The companies name will show up on the invoice. If you need further info like adress or taxpayer id number of your client on the invoice those definitely wont show there.
3. The customer service makes custom invoice in 1-2 days when you contact them. So this is the best solution right now. Get the job, and after client receives the invoice. Either your or client contact customer services to get the invoice you need

Best,
Kamil Özdemir

Hi Mehmet,

Someone from our team will reach out to you via support ticket in order to assist you further.

Thanks!

~Andrea
Upwork
ordpatty
Community Member

I need to know how can the client download their invoice, I can not see that in my account and can´t find any way for them to find it. Help? They already made the payment and now are requesting the invoice, I´m using direct contracts for the first time.

Hi Patricia,

We email your client to confirm that the payment was released. They can keep the attached invoice/project receipt for their records. To learn more about the Direct Contracts experience on the client's end, click here.

Thanks!

~Andrea
Upwork
ch3es
Community Member

Hi! I'm having the same issue and I can't contact Upwork support.

Is there a plan to add this as a feature in the future?

Regards, Jose

Hi Jose, 

Is there an error message when you tried to reach out to support?

Regarding your question with Direct Contract invoices, using this feature makes it easy to get paid by your clients who don’t have a full account on Upwork and just need access to review your invoices and make payments. With Direct Contracts you also get the protection of escrow and if a dispute arises we will be happy to help. You may want to read this help article to learn more. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
ch3es
Community Member

Hi,

I don't see an option like "contact support", just a chatbot without the right answer.

I would like to add EU VAT and Address to the invoice generated to my client from the direct contracts.

There is no info in the link you shared. 

As I read in the comments, the only way to achieve this is to contact support via ticket, but I haven't found a way to submit a support ticket.

Could you assist me with the issue?

Thanks

g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Jose,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with your direct contract. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hello,

I want to create a direct contract but the other party may need a tax id. Can you help me with that?

Hi Jose Antonio,

You can initiate a Direct Contract from the main navigation bar. Click on the paper airplane icon (beside the bell) to go to Direct Contracts.

On the freelancer/agency side:

• If terms of the contract need to be changed you must cancel and create a new contract with updated terms

On the client side:

• Billing method must be PayPal or credit card 

• If terms of the contract need to be changed the freelancer must cancel and create a new contract with updated terms

• Clients cannot initiate a contract -- the freelancer must

• No ability/need to create an Upwork account with Direct Contracts. You can access the contract via the email you receive from Upwork. If a client decides to create an Upwork client account, new contracts with that freelancer will be subject to freelancer service fees and client payment processing fees.

~ Joanne
Upwork

Hello,

My future employer would like to know if the contract will generate a full invoice including a Tax ID.

Hi Jose Antonio,

Your client will receive an email informing them that you are requesting payment for the full amount of the fixed-price contract. From that email, they will land on a webpage that allows them to either approve or decline the payment request with a personalized note.  You might want to share this with your client also. 

~ Joanne
Upwork

Hello,

Will that include Escrow's Tax ID since they're paying this 3rd party instead of me? As mentioned in this article https://support.upwork.com/hc/en-us/articles/211067918-Tax-Requirements.

When you pay your freelancer on Upwork, you actually pay Upwork Escrow Inc., which is our licensed escrow subsidiary. Upwork Escrow Inc. acts as a “third-party settlement organization” under Section 6050W. This means we (not you) are required to report the payments we remit to your freelancer to the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) on Form 1099-K, in accordance with IRS regulations.

Hi Jose,

Invoices that are generated for payments made via Direct Contracts are in the same format as invoices generated for regular contracts. The From section of the invoice will include your name and information and the Bill To section will include your client's information.
For more information, please see the help article here.

~Andrea
Upwork
141f2b98
Community Member

Hello Andrea, 
I have similar issue with my direct contract. My client wants the invoice to be billed to his company's name and address. But while creating a direct contract, I have the option to enter only the client's email and even on the client's end, there's no way to add his Company's name and address. Can you help me understand the process for how can I keep appropriate detail in "Bill To" section of the invoice in Direct Contracts?

Hi Avhinav, 

Thank you for reaching out to us. I would like to clarify that our Customer Support team can assist your client but they should reach out directly to them. Could you please ask your client to reach out to support directly from their end? They should have the option to contact support on the Direct Contract page. 

~ Nikola
Upwork
141f2b98
Community Member

I advised him to reach out to customer support, but it seems unclear. The Direct Contract option states that it allows payment from clients outside of Upwork. Is it possible to contact customer support without having an account? To confirm, I attempted to send a direct contract to one of my email addresses. However, I couldn't find a way to contact support until the payment submission stage (PayPal/Card). Can you guide me on where my client can find the contact support option?

Hi Avhinav,

I've converted your post into a support ticket to give it the attention it deserves. Rest assured that one of our agents will be reaching out to you with more information and further assistance regarding your concerns.

~ Arjay
Upwork
c22c4c37
Community Member

I have the same problen with the direct contract. I would like to modify the company's name (instead of personal name) and to add more information to the invoice. What should I do, may someone can support me?

Thank you,

Hi Huong,

Thank you for reaching out to us. One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your tickets on this page.

~ Nikola
Upwork
520ba9c2
Community Member

Hi,

If I use a direct contract with one of my client, will they be able to get an invoice about their payment with a remark of a Upwork brand? In other words, will you create the invoice with your logo and information of both me and my client? If you can send an example invoice, it would be great.

I have also an open support request about this topic with no #36068860. No one answered me for nearly 2 days. 

Thanks in advance.

Hi Melih,

Thank you for your message. I am unable to share the sample invoice but the invoice looks similar to that of an invoice for a registered Upwork client. Just to give you an idea, the "from" section of the invoice includes a freelancer's full name and the "to" section includes the client's name. Then the invoice for the full amount charged to the client will be available in a table form. No other information is added aside from this. This will be emailed to your client directly. Feel free to message us if you need further assistance.

Thank you,

Pradeep 

Upwork

Hi,

Thanks for the answer. Will there be official logo of Upwork on the invoice. 

Thanks

moeminmamdouh0
Community Member

For some reason, when I send my client an invoice using Upwork Direct, their personal information appears in the 'Sign here' field and not their company name. 

Is there any way to change this? 

Hi Moenim,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

~ AJ
Upwork
9fd8dac2
Community Member

Hello, but it is possible that on the invoice is written not only the name, but also the address, postal code and city? Because this is very important to be on the invoice to be serious for tax office. Thank you!

a7142abf
Community Member

Same issue. Please resolved this as soon as possible. Thank you!

Hi Aziz, 

We understand how you want this issue resolved immediately. You've already reached out and raised a ticket about your concern. I can also confirm that one of the team members has responded with more information and further instructions on resolving the issue. We suggest you coordinate with the team by replying to the email linked to your case so they can assist you more efficiently.

~ Arjay
Upwork
e91583a7
Community Member

Hello Respected Upwork Staff,

I'm reaching out because I have a problem with an Invoice made for my client via direct contracts.

He paid the requested fees but got an Invoice with his name, not the company he requested the work for so the Invoice doesn't include the company's name and VAT number, I need to add these details, and let me know how we can fix this in future contracts without having to bother you with my messages

Thank you

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths