cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Direct email replies appear as one big chunk of text on proposal page and in message center

Community Guru
Sandra T Member Since: Nov 26, 2014
1 of 3

Sorry if this has already been brought to attention, searching the forum didn't yield any results...

I've noticed this a few times now, but not as a regular occurrence - when replying to a client message directly from the email notification ("You have unread messages about..."), the reply isn't formated with the intended paragraphs, but instead displayed as one big block of text. This looks especially unprofessional with longer replies.

I think it only occurs with messages in regards to jobs that are still in the proposal/interview stage, but can't say for sure?

Is anyone else experiencing this?

------------

Another unrelated thing I've been noticing is that on the list of past hires on job postings, hovering over the profile links of previously hired contractors no longer shows their profile preview. Instead an error message is displayed. Is this intentional?

------------

Edited to add:

I also noticed the "one block of text" thing in my client account when searching for freelancers when clicking on "more" in the list of displayed freelancers. While I understand that one simply would have to properly open the profile page to see the properly formatted overview, I don't think the "more" feature serves a good purpose in regards to the reading experience.

Community Guru
Ela K Member Since: Feb 9, 2015
2 of 3

Sandra,

It has been brought up a few times in the past couple months and Upwork acknowledged the issue. 

And that's it - so far.

I stopped using that option because of the horrible layout. It's a mess.

Community Guru
Sandra T Member Since: Nov 26, 2014
3 of 3

Thanks Ela - for some reason forum search doesn't seem to work very well for me Smiley Sad

I too need to remember to just not reply by email until this is fixed. I think the issue should be brought back up from time to time if it doesn't get fixed. The awful formatting makes the entire feature pointless.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS