🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Direct messages
Page options
ahamed-khalifa
Community Member

Direct messages

The direct messages from clients have been stopped suddenly and I haven't got any direct message from the clients who want to reach me for a job, Is there a problem with my profile that prevent that or is it just new rules?

4 REPLIES 4
mdbutnayem
Community Member

Hello Ahmed, Goo day!

There could be several reasons why you're not receiving direct messages from clients on Upwork. Some possible reasons could include:

1. Your visibility settings: Make sure that your visibility settings are set to "Available" or "Invisible" so that clients can find you on the platform.

2. Your profile isn't optimized: If your profile is not well-written or optimized for search, clients may not find you when they search for freelancers in your field.

3. Your account has been flagged: If your account has been flagged for any reason, such as violating Upwork's terms of service or community standards, your ability to receive direct messages may be restricted.

4. Technical issues: Occasionally, technical issues can cause problems with the Upwork platform, which could prevent you from receiving direct messages.

To troubleshoot the issue, I recommend the following:

1. Check your visibility settings: Make sure your visibility settings are set to "Available" or "Invisible."

2. Review your profile: Make sure your profile is optimized for search and includes all relevant skills and experience.

3. Contact Upwork support: If you have ruled out the above issues and still cannot receive direct messages, contact Upwork support for assistance.

4. Check for platform notifications: Sometimes Upwork will send notifications if there are issues with the platform. Check to see if there are any notices from Upwork about technical issues that could be affecting direct messages.

Thank you
    Nayem

Thank you Nayem for your great advice. Surely, taking into my consideration.

1- I have a Top-Rated badge which means the profile has got optimized already. otherwise, I wouldn't have received the Top-Rated.

2- Profile visibility is public.
3- There is no flagging.

Is that help you to specify the problem?

mwiggenhorn
Community Member

I haven't gotten any for ages and I am Top-Rated plus.  I think it's just the nature of the beast.

Thank you, Mary, 
Now there are no worries after your comment.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths