🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Direct to Local Bank Russia
Page options
newafilm
Community Member

Direct to Local Bank Russia

I found out in my bank the swift code and all the necessary data to fill out the form. I entered and filled everything in correctly. This resulted in the message "Due to US government regulations, this payment method cannot be added. Please add a payment method that complies with US legal requirements." 

It is not clear what is happening and what to do. If such a method of withdrawing money could not be added, then this circumstance would be indicated immediately. But that was not the case. SWIFT my bank code: SABRRUMMRA1

Help me, plz.

9 REPLIES 9
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Aleksey,

Sorry to hear you weren't able to add your bank account. Please, check out the U.S Department of Treasury website for more information.

You are welcome to add a different bank to your profile. If the bank is not listed as restricted by U.S OFAC restrictions it should not have any problems on our site.

Thank you! 

~ Bojan
Upwork
newafilm
Community Member

How do i know if the bank is limited? I not have a list of prohibited banks. On the page you specified, I could not find such information 😞

Community Member

Hi! Do you use Sherbank account? Try this SWIFT: SABRRUM3. Or try to use Tinkoff card. There was no problem with this bank. 

Thanks, Antonina!

Upwork did not accept the SWIFT code of my Sberbank branch 😞 About Tinkov - thanks for the hint! Are there any other banks whose SWIFT upwork accepts?

9d65ed3a
Community Member

I just set up a new account to work with a person from Russia, and they are also finding out that no SWIFT or BIC codes seem to work. Are all Russian banks blocked? I would not be happy to be billed, only to find out my freelancer can never be payed out because you no longer support users living in Russia.

Hi Joey,

Payment method options can vary depending on the freelancer's country, but Upwork currently offers ACH Direct Deposits, Direct to Local Bank, Payoneer, PayPal, and wire transfers. To see which payment methods are available to them, please let your freelancer know they can log into their account, click on “Settings,” then “Get Paid,” and choose “Add Method”. All of thier options will be listed there.

~Andrea
Upwork
9d65ed3a
Community Member

Thank you Andrea, she was able to select the option Direct to Local Bank(RUB), but when filling in the SWIFT code for either SBERBANK (including SABRRUM3) or TINKOFF bank would be rejected by the 'routing number' field apparently. I've been helping her out since her English is fairly basic.

We were both a bit confused what this routing number field should contain, since this isn't a term either of us is familiar with. Is it indeed the SWIFT code of the bank? Does it require a specific format?

Thanks for your input.

Hi Joey,

Your freelancer can follow the instructions in this guide on how to connect their payment method. While I think you're referring to the SWIFT code, I can't confirm it as I would need to check the freelancer account.
If your freelancer needs further help, please refer to them to reach out to us here or directly to our Customer Support. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

I will relay the message for her to do so, thank you.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members