🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Direct to Local Bank issue, Egypt
Page options
ea641d3b
Community Member

Direct to Local Bank issue, Egypt

Hi All, 

I just added a new payment method as Direct to Local Bank in Egypt. My bank account currency is USD but when Upwork added my payment it shows that the currency is EGP and they manage to make the currency conversion with each payment. 

I connect my account with USD currency especially to be able to get paid in USD without currency conversion. How can I solve this now ?? 

Note: I am still in the 3 days before they activate this payment method from Upwork, Is there any hope that they detect the right currency after activation ?? 

11 REPLIES 11
AleksandarD
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Mina,

Direct to Local Bank service lets you withdraw your earnings from Upwork directly to your bank account, in your local currency. You can check out this help article for more information on this withdrawal method. Additionally, you may want to check the Wire Transfer method. Let us know if you need further assistance.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Hi Aleksandar, 

I already had a payment method on another bank account directly to EGP. 

But the new account I connect has USD currency, not EGP. My question, Is there a way to send my payment in that account with USD ??

Thanks a lot.

Kind Regards

Mina Gerges

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Mina,

This help article contains the list of different currencies available for Direct to Local Bank Payment method. You'll see that for some countries more than one currency is available. When adding a payment method for an account based in those countries, the user will be able to see different options for different currencies. There isn't a way to change the currency on the method that's already been added but it's possible to remove it and add a new one. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
ea641d3b
Community Member

Thanks, Bojan. 

Now I can see that in Egypt there is only one currency available from this link. Seems like they can not send payment with USD to Egypt directly. 

Greetings Mina,

have you managed to get your earning through your local USD account in Egypt via direct to local bank method?
or you have to use wire transefer instead?

hassan_marym
Community Member

Hi Mina, 

I am Marym Hassan, a freelancer at Upwork.

Hope everything doing fine. I just wanted to ask you about the transfering money direct to local bank. How many days did te money took to be transfer and which bank did you use?

Lots of thanks

Sincerely

Marym Hassan

Hi Marym,

Please keep in mind that  It can take up to four business days to arrive at your bank. If you have not received the funds after 8 business days let us know, and our team will initiate a trace on your transaction. To learn more about this, check out this Help Article. Thank you!

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi Marym, 

Have a nice day. 

I use the National Bank of Egypt. The first time took around 8 days which is the longest period, but the next time it took less. I think on average it takes 3 days after the first time. 

Best Regards,

Mina H. Gerges

Hi Mina ,

One more question please as you try Direct to local bank method, what is the percentage that will be deduct from transfer by our local banks ? 

Hi Mina,

May i ask you if it was safe to withdraw a large amount using the local bank transfer? and did the bank charge for any extra fees? 

Thanks!

alaayoussef48
Community Member

Hello Mina,
did you recieve your payment in USD from local bank or not? 

Thanks

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members