cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Direct to Local bank requested payment

layl-h
Lyle H Member Since: Jul 20, 2017
1 of 7

How many days will it take to authorize the requested payment from Upwork via Direct to Local Bank?

I have requested the payment yesterday, July 22 and received the email on the same day.

Also, does it charge me everytime I press the "Get Paid Now button"? whenever there are already available funds to transfer?

and please help me understand what each of these means? 

Beginning Balance $0.00

Total Debits $xxxx

Total Credits $xxxx

Total Change$xxxx

Ending Balance $xxxxx

I know this is a lengthy question, but I hope someone will take the time to enlighten me. Thank you

cylver1z
Community Guru
Ryan C Member Since: Feb 3, 2017
2 of 7

Hi Lyle,

There is a three-day security period for funds to be available. Also, for direct to local bank payments may take four days (depending on your bank) to become available.

Please refer to this link for the Direct to bank transfer.

Direct to bank fees and timings

Untitled
layl-h
3 of 7
So aside from the wait of 5 days which i had, i still have to wait (again) for 3-4 days?
layl-h
4 of 7
Please enlighten me why there's so much total debit. What does that mean?
melaniemaghanoy
Community Guru
Lanie M Member Since: Jun 24, 2015
5 of 7

Hi Lyle,

Hourly contracts follow the Upwork weekly schedule whether your contract is active or ended. Any time in this week's Work Diary will post as pending on your Reports > Transaction History next Monday.

Depending on your local bank, normally funds get credited within 3-4 banking days.

The total debits shown on your Transaction History page are the debited amounts for that particular statement period. It can include service fee's as well as the withdrawal fees and withdrawn funds on your Upwork account.

layl-h
6 of 7
I noticed that the total credited amount is more than twice the amount that i get. Is it normal that the total amount credited is way higher than the total amount that i will be having?
melaniemaghanoy
Community Guru
Lanie M Member Since: Jun 24, 2015
7 of 7

Hi Lyle,

Please refer to the previous response we provided regarding the Debits on your Transaction History Page.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS