🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Direct to bank payment delay
Page options
ana_cuervo
Community Member

Direct to bank payment delay

Hello:

I always get payed direct to my bank account. Generally it takes just a few minutes, now has been four business days. I know it is normal that it takes as much as five business days, but I have the feeling that something is going wrong. And I know my bank, I won't get any help from them. I also read that I have to wait until eight business days to ask UpWork to trace the transaction, and I am waiting until then.

The problem is I want to transfer some more money to my bank account and I feel afraid that the same thing would happen. Do you think I should I try another method like PayPal until my first transaction appears? I also have another question, is it tomorrow October 12th a holiday for banks in the US? just to know when it would be eight days so I can reach you for help.

Thanks,

Ana.

1 REPLY 1
LuiggiR

Hi Ana Paula,

It's possible for the transaction to take up to four business days to process directly to your bank and, just like you mentioned, in the event the funds are delayed for some reason, the team can initiate a tracer after eight business days have passed. You may want to check this help article to learn more.

You do have the option to use any other payment method you see fit. Feel free to check this help article for the other payment options available to you and their respective fees and timings. And yes, tomorrow is a holiday in the US, and transactions may be delayed. 

Thank you.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members