cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Direct to local bank and wire transfer

nepetalactona
Lucia R Member Since: May 14, 2017
1 of 6

I'm trying to figure out if there are any additional fees that I have to pay for my incoming deposit. I would use Direct to Local Bank to a bank in Guatemala. Is it the same as "wire transfers", or is it more like a direct deposit?

petra_r
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
2 of 6

@Lucia R wrote:

I'm trying to figure out if there are any additional fees that I have to pay for my incoming deposit. I would use Direct to Local Bank to a bank in Guatemala. Is it the same as "wire transfers", or is it more like a direct deposit?

It is not the same as wire transfer, which is always in US Dollar, requires a US Dollar account, costs you $ 30.00 and is worth it only for withdrawals of $ 700 - $ 800 and up.

With the Direct to local Bank method you will lose some money compared to the mid market rate through the exchange rate which is set by the banks.

susanned
Community Leader
Susanne D Member Since: Mar 15, 2015
3 of 6

Sorry Petra,

this is not correct. I use wire transfer continuously for lack of a better alternative. It is done in US$, correct, but you do not need a $-account - mine is local currency only. And up to now I have not been told it can only be used for higher sums - although I always wait until I have accumulated some because of the $30 fee.

vladag
Community Manager
Vladimir G Community Manager Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
4 of 6

Hi Susanne,

I believe Petra wasn't referring to a limit for initiating wire transfers, which aren't limited by any amount, but sharing her opinion on the overall cost effectiveness when compared to other withdrawal methods.

Untitled
vladag
Community Manager
Vladimir G Community Manager Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
5 of 6

Hi Lucia,

Please contact you bank and check if they charge any incoming fees for DLB transfers.

Untitled
nepetalactona
Lucia R Member Since: May 14, 2017
6 of 6

Thanks to all for the answers! I talked with my bank and they said they have a fee of $40 for the international transaction. If I use the wire transfer option, I guess they would charge me those $40 anyway and there would be $70 in total.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS