🐈 Community
» Forums » Freelancers » Direct to local bank transfer, it worked, now...
Page options
katzedernacht
Community Member

Direct to local bank transfer, it worked, now it does not.

Hello, I ask this here in hope of finding someone with a similar problem, I was excited with the new feature of direct to local bank transfer, I must say, I live in Mexico, this was great cos I got more money left, due to the lower fee and also because the rate exchange was more favorable, than it is using Paypal.

The thing is, I entered my bank details, waited 3 days and it was all good, I must had made about 10 withdrawals and they were in my account within 2 days. But last Nov. 18 that changed, it took way too long and I assumed it was due to the holidays, but no, they sent me a message saying the bank noted "Unable to apply" as the reason not to take the money.

The big question is...how come it worked fine before and now it doesn't, if the details and the account are the exact same? The name is properly spelled and so is the CLABE, the only thing I'm not sure about is the physical address but the space for it it's quite small, so no room for the ZIP code.

I re-entered my details and tried again, it's been 4 days and nothing, so I'm waiting. I can use Paypal and have used it in the past, but I'd rather use the bank method cos it's better for me.

Does anyone in Mexico has had a similar problem? It's an account in Banco Azteca, it has always worked and it's the same I use for the Paypal withdrawal and it did work recently.

Thank you very much.

Yes, I did reach support and they told me to re-enter the details, which I did. Should I go to the bank now though? 

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
kochubei_valeria
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Nancy Edith,

Unfortunately, we don't have details about why your withdrawal was returned. You may need to contact your bank about that. You should be able to update your payment method on file though and re-try a withdrawal.

~ Valeria
Upwork

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
kochubei_valeria
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Nancy Edith,

Unfortunately, we don't have details about why your withdrawal was returned. You may need to contact your bank about that. You should be able to update your payment method on file though and re-try a withdrawal.

~ Valeria
Upwork

Yes, the only reason was "unable to apply". I did update my payment method but apparently it won't go through for it has been 4 days and the money it's not there, I shall wait tho and go to the bank anyway to check what is going. 

Just updating, it was indeed a bank mistake, I did as told, re-entered my bank details and tried again, within 2 days the money is in my account  😄 thank you very much

Hello Nancy, 

I am form Mexico too and I been curious about using the "Direct to local bank transfer" because PayPal is way too expensive. 

Since few days ago I been trying to make some research about that, but still have few question that I would like to ask you. My bank, which is Santander they charge me a fee for receive international transfers. (20USD doesn’t matter how much money is it)

I would like to know, What is the name of your bank account on Banco Azteca? and if the bank charges you an extra fee besides the 1 USD Upwork charges for the withdrawal

Hi, yes Paypal is a bit too expensive, so i was happy when they set this local bank option.

The account I use is "guardadito", you can open it with like 15 pesos or something, they don't charge me a single cent!!!!

Hi Nancy! 

I Banco Azteca told me they no longer have a SWIFT code (as of 2015) so I'm a bit confused. 

Do you still receive Upwork payments through Banco Azteca? And if so, what is their SWIFT code? 

Hello, really, what an odd thing to say, if you Google their SWIFT, this comes up:
AZTKMXMMEKT

And I've been getting paid since it was implemented and to this day!

Hello nancy,

I am a little worried because by accident I send all the founds that I had on my Upwork account (around $1,000 USD) to my Efectivo Digital Account (from banco Azteca).

But the thing is that usually I had received my founds before the expected delivery date, (usually i Just send small amount of money) but this time is taking so long,  I am a little bit worried since is not an a small amount

It has been a long time since I made the withdraw, almost a full week (since December 8 about 12am, time zone PST time), and I called to Banco Azteca but  looks that nobody knows that they acept Interational transfers,

Where you went when you had the problem with your withdraw?

or how you solve it?

Hi there, well I don't know what kind of account is that, the Efectivo
Digital one, one time for me it got also delayed, actually it didn't go
through at all, but it was around this time, December, maybe banks are
busier and they have more issues like this? I'd wait a bit, when the
transfer can't get through they send it back to the UpWork account,then you
can try and change/re-enter the bank data and try to withdraw again. 🙂

Latest Articles
Upcoming Events
Jan 31
Feb 28
Upwork Community Virtual Hour