🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Direct transfer to UnionBank Fee
Page options
3f1ddabb
Community Member

Direct transfer to UnionBank Fee

Hi, I'm planning on transferring my funds to my local bank account which is UnionBank PH. May I ask if you have any idea about the fees that UnionBank might take aside from the $0.99 fee from Upwork.

Note: Their customer service is pretty slow. My other inquiries took months to get a response so I decided to ask here.
49 REPLIES 49
JoanneP

Hi Shane Francis,

Any additional restrictions, timing regulations, and fees vary depending on your bank. You may want to visit the bank to inquire. Other community members who might be using the same local bank to transfer funds may be able to provide you with more information about it. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
01a71bc0
Community Member

Hi
my local bank is Union Bank
Transferred funds today at 8:35am
then its already in my account at 9:45am so it takes 1 an hour..no additional fees aside from the $0.99 charge in upwork.

hope it helps

Does it sometimes take a little longer to refflect on the Unionbank Account? 

Never experienced any delay yet. its always real time, the 30 mins waiting time is from the moment you request to get paid until upwork processed the payment request, then it will reflect immediately. been using union since i started in upwork last nov 2020

Hello there! Will there be a hidden fee on the conversion of usd to php when you use unionbank? Like P48/dollar is the real time conversion of usd to php, but it will be P46.5/dollar when you converted it. Thank you😊

Hi there, the amount transferred to my union bank is the exact amount processed in upwork, so the exchange rate used is the rate when the withdrawal was actually processed, here's the the movement.

8:02am    Php46.9300    Exchange rate when i requested the withdrawal

8:37am    Php46.9215    Exchange rate when the withdrawal is processed, you will get a notification from upwork that the withdrawal has been processed, indicating the Amount in Dollar, exhange rate, and the peso amount. (The peso amount here is the actual amount received in Union Bank)

hope it helps.

Regards,

Thank you. Yes, it helps 'coz I've been using Paypal as my primary payment method and it always deducted $2 on every withdrawal and it is such a waste. I have been thinking of using my bank account but I'm hesitating cause I think it will take some time to reflect but I saw your replies here. Thank you so muchSmiley Very Happy

Hi

Glad it helps, but it is for the union bank only, i dont have idea with the other banks, my friend is using RCBC and according to her, if you withdrew in the morning, it will reflect in your bank account in the afternoon.

regards,

Hi Reyzeal,

Do you have any idea if how many days will it appear as ACTIVE in get paid option the bank account you added?

Thank you.

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Hi Annalene,

I checked and your payment method is showing inactive because you have not filled out the Form W-8BEN. This is used to confirm that you’re not a U.S. taxpayer and that Upwork is not required to withhold taxes from your earnings. To fill it out, you just need to go to Settings > Tax Information. Feel free to check out this help article to learn more. 

~ Luiggi
Upwork

Good day!

Thank you so much for your help and for checking my account. I just did
what you have instructed me when it comes to filling out the Tax
Information and here's what I got. Please see the reference below.

Hope to hear from you soon.

[image: image.png]

Hi Annalene,

I couldn't see the image you shared but I checked your account and can see that you added the required information. You should be able to process withdrawals whenever you have an available balance. If there's something that's confusing you, don't hesitate to share more details here and we'll be happy to help.

Thank you,

~ Luiggi
Upwork

Question:

If the amount to be withdrawn is $1k USD, will it still reflect real time?

Since with BPI anything $1K USD above will take few days, like withdrawn on Friday, it will reflect on Monday -- end of the day.

Hi,

I just wanted to ask. Usually how many days willl it take for the local bank that you added for payment method to be ACTIVE. For me, this is the one showing still Inactive. I just added it just this Thursday/ Friday. I added my Unionbank Account.

Hope you can help me. 

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Hi, I recently transferred my local bank to Unionbank from BPI and I processed my pay yesterday and still not yet here until now. Does it have time requirement for first time transaction? Also, I applied my account online and already verified. Thank you!

Hi Josiejane,

Thank you for reaching out and I'm sorry to learn that you haven't received your funds. I checked this for you and can confirm that the transaction was successful on our end. Please note that Direct to Local Bank transactions may take up to four business days to arrive at your bank.

If the transaction still hasn't reflected on your account after eight business days, let us know and we will assist you further. Please also take note that bank holidays both in the U.S, and in your location may affect these withdrawals. In the meantime, please read this help article for more information about Direct to Local Bank Timing and Fees.

~ Arjay
Upwork

Have you also tried using Gcash? I have found that it has already been registered with BRSTN.. thanks!

Hi Reyzael!

I hope you're doing well. I just wanted to reach out and ask if you've ever experienced any payment returns on Upwork?

I recently transferred some funds to my UB Debit account, but unfortunately, it was cancelled and returned to Upwork.

I was just curious if you've had a similar experience, and if so, how you went about resolving it. I appreciate any insight or advice you may have!

Thank you so much for your time, and I look forward to hearing back from you soon.

Hi Jill Princess,

Thanks for reaching out here in the Community! I'm happy to look into this for you.

I checked your account, and the most recent transaction went through successfully. Please note that Direct to Local Bank transactions take up to four business days to arrive at your bank. There is a 12:00 pm (noon) UTC cutoff time for same-day processing. After that, transfers will be processed the following business day. If the transaction still hasn't been reflected on your account after eight business days, let us know, and we will assist you further. 

Please note that bank holidays in the U.S. and your location may affect these withdrawals. In the meantime, please read this help article for more information about Direct to Local Bank Timing and Fees.

~ Joanne
Upwork
mdiez
Community Member

Hi. I just saw this post. Is Unionbank still the same till now? Like the funds you withdrew arrives at your account in 30 minutes time? Because in my case EON has changed. it's not real time anymore. I sometimes get my money the next day or on Monday if I withdraw them every Saturday.

84063e5e
Community Member

Same. I used to get it within 30 mins to an hour. Now it usually reflects the next day with no scpecific time. 😞 This is probably on account of UBs processing time tho. Upwork always sends timely confirmation. 

Hi

How were you able to link your UnionBank account number to Upwork? I mistakenly used the card number when transferring funds instead of the account number... and when I tried to apply for another account, it says that "Card number" contains an invalid amount of digits.

Worried that I may not receive my initial withdrawal because I used the debit card number 😔
jia06
Community Member

Hi, are you using the Unionbank Eon? Is it different from Unionbank ewallet?

Hi, may I know how long it takes the funds will reflect in the bank account (unionbank) for the first time withdrawal? Like first salary.

Hi Steven,

I checked the transaction and it's still being processed from our end. Please note that Direct to Local Bank transactions are processed within four business days. If the transaction still hasn't reflected on your account after eight business days, you can come back here, and we will assist you further. Please also take note that bank holidays both in the U.S, and your location may affect these withdrawals. In the meantime, please read up on this help article for more information about Direct to Local Bank Timings and Fees.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Hi i have the same issue i used my unionbank but the funds is not reflecting on my account its almost 2 days already 😞

Hi Shanyl,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I checked and it seems that you already created a support ticket for the issue you are experiencing. Please allow more time for our team to review your case and respond accordingly to your ticket. You will be notified of their response.

~ Nikola
Upwork

Hello Ate Reyzael,

I am using UnionBank Playeveryday debit card and I have online account of that bank. Also I have already linked it here into my upwork. I have not tried to get paid using unionbank. Are you also using unionbank debit card of said transaction?

Rather than using paypal, $2 fee, then convert it to peso there's another fee.

Thank you.

is this the same union bank you applied online, for I had tried to send money from Paypal to union bank and it does not arrived after 5 days

Hi, It's my first time using Union Bank and I request for withdrawal 8:10am but I hadn't received it yet. Time now 9:13am

Hi Chrislyn,

Thank you for your message. Please note that Direct to Local Bank transaction is processed within four business days. If the transaction still hasn't reflected on your account after eight business days, let us know and we will assist you further. Please also take note that bank holidays both in the U.S, and your location may affect these withdrawals. In the meantime, please read up on this help article for more information about Direct to Local Bank Timings and Fees.

Thank you

Pradeep

Upwork

Hi how will i know if my unionbank is successfully connected on Upwork?  I didn't get any notification that it's already connected right after I filled up "add method" Thanks!

Hi Shanyl,

You should be able to see the payment methods you've added by going to Settings > Get Paid. Feel free to check this help article for more information.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
c905248c
Community Member

Yes I do see it there. So does that mean it is successfully connected already? Thank you.

Hi Shanyl,

Thank you for following up. I checked and it looks like you successfully added a payment method to your account. If you experience any issues let us know and we will be happy to assist you further. 

~ Nikola
Upwork
c905248c
Community Member

Hiii sorry to ask but I withdrew money from upwork to my unionbank last night. But it's still not on my account. How long does it take for it to refleft on my account?

Hello, it shouldn't take too long though. The longest will be the following
day.
nedjuan
Community Member

Hi Reyzael,

Mine is now taking 48 hours and still not credited to my Unionbank account.  Is that still normal?

Hi Maria,

Thank you for your message. Please note that Direct to Local Bank transaction is processed within four business days. If the transaction still hasn't reflected on your account after eight business days, let us know and we will assist you further. Please also take note that bank holidays both in the U.S, and your location may affect these withdrawals. In the meantime, please check this help article for more information about Direct to Local Bank Timing and Fees.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths