Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disabling screenshots

Highlighted
Community Guru
Cathleen C Member Since: Aug 17, 2015
11 of 75

@Stephen B wrote:

"The client does not need to see the other things on my computer (chat client and other tabs I have open)."

The screenshot is only of the active tab/window at the time it is taken. When you're signed in to the tracker, you shouldn't be looking at any other windows apart from those directly related to the work you're tracking time for - that's the whole point."

I work on two monitors. The elance tracker used to take screenshots of both desktops of both monitors. I always had to collapse windows and drag the ones i was working in out to cover things they didnt need to see. Its intrusive and a pain. Sometimes when it would take the shot, it would lock up my computer, and i would have to reboot. I dont use it anymore. Fixed price or nothing.
Highlighted
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
12 of 75

@Stephen B wrote:

"The client does not need to see the other things on my computer (chat client and other tabs I have open)."

1) The screenshot is only of the active tab/window at the time it is taken.

2) When you're signed in to the tracker, you shouldn't be looking at any other windows apart from those directly related to the work you're tracking time for - that's the whole point.

1) That depends on how you have the settings set .... Some require you to have it set to "show whole desktop"

See http://prntscr.com/8j16op

2) True, that!

Highlighted
Sam H Member Since: Dec 26, 2013
13 of 75

This is not true. The screenshot is either of the whole desktop, or all of your desktops if you have multiple monitors. You can configure which one in the settings. But it definitely is not just your active window!

Highlighted
Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
14 of 75

Hi Sam,

You can select an option for the app to capture only snapshots of the active window. Click on your name at the bottom of the App, then Preferences> Screenshots.

Screenshot_1.png

~ Valeria
Untitled
Highlighted
15 of 75

I noticed that. Screen is not the same as window, so people should be clear on that. If I have two monitors, screen 1 and screen 2, and I'm editing in a small text window on screen 1, Upwork will still snapshot all of screen 1.

Highlighted
16 of 75

BTW, is something wrong with this thread? The posts are totally out of order (by date)...

Highlighted
Vladimir G Moderator Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
17 of 75

Hi Sam,

The thread layout depends on your setting. If you want to change the order in which the posts appear, go to My Settings > Preferences > Linear Layout.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Lisa W Member Since: Nov 14, 2015
18 of 75

@Valeria K wrote:

Hi Sam,

You can select an option for the app to capture only snapshots of the active window. Click on your name at the bottom of the App, then Preferences> Screenshots.

Screenshot_1.png

Just noticed this message. Awesome, and thank you!

Highlighted
Mikhail S Member Since: Jan 12, 2020
19 of 75

You do realize that people can have multiple machines at their desk. So it's an absolutely meaningless and invasive feature from the "feel good security theater" realm.

Highlighted
Janu S Member Since: Dec 8, 2016
20 of 75

where is preferences ?  Cant find it anywhere on the Site, provide a link pls.

TOP KUDOED MEMBERS