Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disadvantages of not having hourly contract

knwlzahid
Community Guru
Kanwal F Member Since: Apr 20, 2015
1 of 3

From my first project to till now, I never done an hourly contract. Most of the clients in my area want to go for a fixed priced project. At the start, I also prefer fixed term contracts because hourly jobs don't have flexibility. 

But know I seem something missing in my profile. -Zero hours worked- Is there any disadvantage of this to me? Should I go for hourly contracts? or if client don't want to go for hourly what should I do?

Thanks

zansari
Zulqarnain A Member Since: Jun 29, 2008
2 of 3

@kanwal

I prefer hourly jobs and try my level best to stay out from fixed term projects because of the same reason. 

The main advantage is I can apply for the jobs which clients marked as 1000+ UpWork hours and my hourly rate got better and better with the passage of time.

Best Wishes Zulqarnain Ansari (Zain)
cupidmedia
Community Guru
Jennifer D Member Since: Feb 15, 2016
3 of 3

Hi Kanwal, if most clients in your area want fixed price contracts then it probably won't hurt you. But some clients may specify a minimum number of hours required and may not consider you if you don't have hours, even if its for a fixed contract. This is an ongoing issue that people like you who work a lot of fixed price contracts raise often. 

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS