🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Disappearing interview
Page options
roberty1y
Community Member

Disappearing interview

I looked at a job posting I sent a proposal to. At first it said, "Interviewing: 1". Later on, it said, "Interviewing: 0", but still nobody had been hired. What happened there?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Robert Y wrote:

Petra R wrote:

Robert Y wrote:

I looked at a job posting I sent a proposal to. At first it said, "Interviewing: 1". Later on, it said, "Interviewing: 0", but still nobody had been hired. What happened there?

The client either archived or declined the person they were interviewing or the freelancer declined or withdrew.

The numbers ONLY include people that have not been archived or declined or have withdrawn their proposal.

Thanks for your reply. What does it mean that the client archived the proposal, when the job is still open?

It means the proposal is no longer visible on the list of the proposals but hasn't been declined yet, so the freelancer doesn't know.

The client has a thumbs up and a thumbs down symbol. Clicking on thumbs down moves the proposal to "archived" on the client-side, but NOT on the freelancer's side.

So on the freelancer's side, the proposal still shows under "submitted proposals".

Most proposals probably end there without even having been read (only the first two lines show, along with the basics such as the price/bid/rate and basic Freelancer demographics.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
petra_r
Community Member

Robert Y wrote:

The client either archived or declined the person they were interviewing or the freelancer declined or withdrew.

The numbers ONLY include people that have not been archived or declined or have withdrawn their proposal.

Petra R wrote:

Robert Y wrote:

Thanks for your reply. What does it mean that the client archived the proposal, when the job is still open?

If the job is open, it's not archived. 

Robert Y wrote:

Petra R wrote:

Robert Y wrote:

It means the proposal is no longer visible on the list of the proposals but hasn't been declined yet, so the freelancer doesn't know.

The client has a thumbs up and a thumbs down symbol. Clicking on thumbs down moves the proposal to "archived" on the client-side, but NOT on the freelancer's side.

So on the freelancer's side, the proposal still shows under "submitted proposals".

Most proposals probably end there without even having been read (only the first two lines show, along with the basics such as the price/bid/rate and basic Freelancer demographics.

kinector
Community Member

Robert, I had a similar problem once too. Couldn't find that interview anywhere!

Then I realized that the interview was skinny enough to hide behind a coconut tree. I found it eventually. 😉:desert_island:🤪

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members