cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disappointed - Sharing thoughts

bperales
Brenda L Member Since: Sep 16, 2015
1 of 8

I'm not trying to be a negative Nancy but...I do not know what to quite make of the fact that Elance will be no more and I am being moved over to Up Work. 

The only positive that I have seen is the notifications that pop up on your screen and browser tab when you recieve a message. 

Other than that..I wish I could stay with Elance forever. My biggest pet peeve is the fact that I have to wait 6 days to see my payments. I understand this is for security reasons but this creates an inconvenience that forces me to contemplate looking elsewhere for online work. 

I cannot say anything positive about the interface either..and I'm not the only one!  Many of my clients have shared there distaste with Upwork. I want to stick with this and see it through since I know there is a big transition going on but I think Upwork still has a long way to go to make this freelancer happy!

tahir491
Ace Contributor
Tahir A Member Since: Sep 16, 2015
2 of 8

Brenda is absolutely right. 

I have recently copied my profile to upwork and have really felt the difference. 

Upwork really needs to think and experience its own interface as a freelancer.  I must say that agencies/companies of Elance have really suffered from this new interface and policies. 

Hope Upwork will be Upgraded soon.

42bc8f02
Upwork Staff
Tam L Upwork Staff Member Since: Aug 31, 2015
3 of 8

Hi Brenda - just out of curiousity, what about the interface do you not like? 

bperales
Brenda L Member Since: Sep 16, 2015
4 of 8

Tam, 

I think it's the light grey background that is throwing me off..wish it was white.  I also would like to be able to access account information such as financial transactions, etc. on the black menu bar. 

In the messages section it would be ideal to me if the first descriptive item for the message was the job name and not the client name and that it didn't show my responses to the client in the messages list. Sometimes I get confused and think they have messaged me when it is my reply that I am seeing.  I know Upwork is working hard to make needed changes..so thanks for that!  

42bc8f02
Upwork Staff
Tam L Upwork Staff Member Since: Aug 31, 2015
5 of 8

Thanks for clarifying Brenda!

You'll see a post from me tomorrow, introducting myself and explaining more about what I do at Upwork, but until then just know that you, Freelancers, do have advocates within the company. 

142f7c1b
David M Member Since: Sep 16, 2015
6 of 8

Yup, this platform has been badly damaged by this recent move and went from loving odesk to hating upwork.
I now am finding better luck finding outsourcing on different channels.

142f7c1b
David M Member Since: Sep 16, 2015
7 of 8

The biggest issue,

A DRAMATIC drop in applicants to job postings. I don't know what you guys did, maybe too many sub categories, but this is absurd.

I have to post the same job application 20 different times to get 5 applicants?

Additionally you guys should not be "hiding" applicants and showing 0 applicants in the job posting dashboard, this is simply retarded from a UI persepctive and does not engage your userbase or encourage click throughs at all.

I anything it will dramatically incraese your bounce rate. The average user goes and looks, see's 0 applicants and moves on, meanwhile there is 10+ "hidden applicants".

Whoever thought up that brilliant idea needs a full out slap.

mikemckinney17
Ace Contributor
Michael M Member Since: Sep 16, 2015
8 of 8

I am new to Upwork as a Freelancer, if I had to pick, I would say it's better to be a Freelancer on Elance, but better to be a client on Upwork, neither is bad, but there are changes in priorities(I've only been a client on Elance, so I can't say this for certain)

TOP KUDOED MEMBERS