Community Member

Discord

I can message my discord to a customer or something and against the rules

7 REPLIES 7
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Joao Vitor,

Could you please clarify your message so that we can address it accordingly?

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
dendoll
Community Member

a user asked me to add it to Discord, if I talk to him there or send my user, are there chances of being banned here on UpWork? because I would be talking to him off the platform

can i do this or and against the rules?

Hi Joao Vitor,

All conversations before a contract is started must be through Upwork Messages, where you can send messages, have video calls, and more. Taking communications off of Upwork before a contract is in place is against Upwork TOS.

Once a contract is in place you may use any communication methods you choose. However, we find that when users communicate outside of Upwork there is an increased risk of fraud, scam, and other harmful behaviors. When communications (and work) stay on our platform we can better track, verify, and help address any issues that emerge, and as a result, the potential for these harmful behaviors decreases dramatically. For example, the vast majority of scammers that successfully take advantage of talent on Upwork do so by going off the platform. To learn more about staying safe on Upwork, click here.

~ Joanne
Upwork
akhtar2711
Community Member

sending private messages to customers or others without their consent is considered spamming and is against the rules of many platforms, including discord. it's important to follow the terms of service and community guidelines of any platform you use to communicate with others. if you're unsure of what is allowed, it's best to check the platform's documentation or reach out to their support team for clarification.

Are you a bot? Why are you replying to a post that has already an answer, and why did you not even read the context of the question?

Yes. Look like some flooders training ChatGPT here. I see an 20-50 such messages daily.

You also repplied to message 1 year old.

Are you also a bot? xD

He replied to a message 3years later, where all the answers (one) was already there and didn't need a new reply - so either he dind't read that, or some bot xD

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members