🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Discrepancy in number of proposals.
Page options
grimesr
Community Member

Discrepancy in number of proposals.

When I look at the list of projects, I see the number of proposals for a particular project to be less than 5. I click on the job and the number says between 5 and 10. Just to be sure, I go back to the list, reload browser window and it still says less than 5. What gives? Does upwork need some help in learning how to count?

Update ---

I went back after about 5-10 minutes and did a refresh of the list. It now is updated. Sounds like someone needs to work on web page logic.

4 REPLIES 4
yitwail
Community Member

Robert, be careful what you ask. Someone might decide to fix the discrepancy by not showing the number of proposals.

John K wrote:
Robert, be careful what you ask. Someone might decide to fix the discrepancy by not showing the number of proposals.

or "Number of propsals: 1-100"

grimesr
Community Member

Just to show how slow the list updates are, I just went to a job very recently posted that needed immediate help. I monitor it a few times. Went back now and the job is no longer avaiable, been hired. However, in the list (after refresh), it show 10-15 proposals. Maybe someone needs to learn how to clear cache on browser updates?

Oh, well. It is always fun to notice the oddities in life.

Robert G wrote:

Just to show how slow the list updates are, I just went to a job very recently posted that needed immediate help. I monitor it a few times. Went back now and the job is no longer avaiable, been hired. However, in the list (after refresh), it show 10-15 proposals. Maybe someone needs to learn how to clear cache on browser updates?

Oh, well. It is always fun to notice the oddities in life.

None of that data is reliable. The worst is the "Invites sent" statistic . That always takes hours to update from 0. I'm looking at a job post now that still shows 0 invites, 10 hours after I was invited and submitted a proposal.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members