🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Discussed new project with regular client...
Page options
vinod111
Community Member

Discussed new project with regular client, we want my agency member to work on this.

Hello,

If we have the following situation then please suggest the available options.

Situation- With my regular client I and my agency member have discussed a new project. If my agency member is going to work on that then how the client can hire him and that project will get completed under my agency?

Just to be a more clear, the Client has not posted a job. 

Answers from Any Upwork officials, Senior Agency owners, Senior Community members are welcomed.

Thanks,

Vinod

7 REPLIES 7
vinod111
Community Member

Can any Upwork officials answer to my question, please?

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Vinod, 

In order for a client to hire a freelancer on Upwork, they will need to post a job first. The client can then invite the freelancer to send a proposal for the job post, and the freelancer can send a proposal as an agency freelancer. 

If the freelancer is a non-exclusive freelancer, they will be asked to confirm if they want to send the proposal as an agency freelancer, or as an individual freelancer. If the freelancer is an exclusive member of the agency, all proposals they send is as an agency freelancer. 

As an alternative, the client can post a job, and the Agency Owner, or Business Manager can send a proposal on behalf of the agency freelancer. You may read more about it here.

Also, I would like to add that when sending out proposals, agency freelancers will share the collective connects of the agency. 

~ Avery
Upwork
vinod111
Community Member

Hello Avery,

Thank you for your reply. The things you have mentioned in your answer are already known to me. Just to be more specific upon my situation, The client with whom I am discussing a project is not outside of the Upwork. He is Upwork client and I have worked with him in the past many times. Now for the next project, we are discussing, We need this to be get done under my Agency profile so that he can hire my agency member. so how can we do this?

I think posting a new job is not a feasible option for the client. There should be a way by which clients can set up a contract and hire freelancer under agency profile.

Waiting for your reply.

Thanks,

Vinod

Hi Vinod,

Please refer to the information Avery shared in her post, more specifically:

• If the freelancer is a non-exclusive freelancer, they will be asked to confirm if they want to send the proposal as an agency freelancer, or as an individual freelancer. If the freelancer is an exclusive member of the agency, all proposals they send is as an agency freelancer. 

If something is still confusing for you let me know so that I can assist you further. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hello Goran,

Thank you for the reply but you still considering that client has posted a job. What if he hasn't posted a job cause he already discussed everything with me and ready to hire my agency member or me? and I want this contract to be conducted under the agency profile.

petra_r
Community Member

Vinod, it is really perfectly simple.

Send your client the link to your agency member's profile and tell them to click on "HIRE"

That way they can set up an offer.

When your agency member receives the offer, they choose to accept it under the agency.

Done.

Edited to add: I don't seem to see any agency members under your agency?

Avery O wrote:

As an alternative, the client can post a job, and the Agency Owner, or Business Manager can send a proposal on behalf of the agency freelancer. You may read more about it here.

That is unfortunate advice.

Freelancers now pay to apply for jobs. Why advise a job to be posted knowing fully well that the freelancer is already chosen and all the other applicants will be throwing their connects out of the window? into Upwork's bank account.

vinod111
Community Member

Hello Petra,

Thank you for your reply.

Petra R wrote:

Vinod, it is really perfectly simple.

Send your client the link to your agency member's profile and tell them to click on "HIRE"

That way they can set up an offer.

When your agency member receives the offer, they choose to accept it under the agency.

Done.

We have already tried this last time and no option showed up to select the offer under the agency. It had just option to accept the offer and the contract went on his individual profile.

Edited to add: I don't seem to see any agency members under your agency?

Actually his profile went to private that's why you are unable to see member.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths