🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Dispute - Client Won't Pay
Page options
3a2bd456
Community Member

Dispute - Client Won't Pay

Good day,The client will not respond to my questions nor has he paid on the active contract. This latest job was an unpleasant experience. As an attorney, I value professionalism and communication. Unfortunately, there was none with the client. I experienced a condescending and rude attitude and most importantly, the directions were extremely vague, which caused a project that should have taken 30 minutes to take 2 days.I submitted three different and varied work products, after the client indicated I did not do what he asked correctly the first time (despite the fact that his directions were not clear). He ignored my questions when I asked were the final two submittals what he asked for. I would like to submit this dispute so I can get my payment.

1 REPLY 1
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Sheila,

Since your Client requested the changes for the work delivered, and you did that using the Resubmit Payment Request button, the Client has 14 days to review the work and release request you submitted, with the option to decline and request further changes to the work you provided, approve it or not take any action, in which case the Escrow funds will be released to you automatically after the 14-day review period expires. You can find more information here.

Please try to explain things with your client. Remind them of the details that you both discussed during the negotiation of the project. You may copy-paste some of the important terms you have where they agreed or send a screenshot of your conversation.

Also, check this help article for more information about the Upwork Fixed-Price Protection and under which circumstances it allows freelancers to file disputes.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths