🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Dispute Fix Price
Page options
andreyesman
Community Member

Dispute Fix Price

Hello, community.

I opened a dispute with the client, described the situation and received a notification about the opening of the dispute on the email.

In the center dispute, I saw such a ticket. Inside, I see these buttons. Do I need to click on the "accept dispute" button?

I did not find in the help center Upwork any information about this.

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

13 REPLIES 13
lysis10
Community Member

This is really terrible wording. Like for real. I think it's reject, but you should wait for a mod to confirm. When I get notification that a client wants to go into mediation, I get an email that says the client has "rejected" my dispute and I just think "ummm, no swing and a miss on words, Upwork programmers."

petra_r
Community Member

Jennifer M wrote:

This is really terrible wording. Like for real. I think it's reject, but you should wait for a mod to confirm. When I get notification that a client wants to go into mediation, I get an email that says the client has "rejected" my dispute and I just think "ummm, no swing and a miss on words, Upwork programmers."

We've said that before, it is ludicrous wording with no hint what to choose.

I would be at a complete loss to know which to choose.

It makes no sense at all - how can the person who initiated a dispute be asked to reject or accept it?

lysis10
Community Member

Petra R wrote:

It makes no sense at all - how can the person who initiated a dispute be asked to reject or accept it?

Do you know when this happens? I've never been in this situation so I'm unsure how it's triggered. In my disputes, it was client asked for a refund, I refused (this part was clear because it asked you if you wanted to dispute), and then the client got notification and would "reject" my dispute. It was pretty clear in my cases, but if the OP was me, I'd be confused too.

petra_r
Community Member

Jennifer M wrote:

Petra R wrote:

Do you know when this happens? I've never been in this situation so I'm unsure how it's triggered. In my disputes, it was client asked for a refund, I refused (this part was clear because it asked you if you wanted to dispute), and then the client got notification and would "reject" my dispute. It was pretty clear in my cases, but if the OP was me, I'd be confused too.

I've never had a dispute, but from what I have read I think (not know)  this silly choice now arrives after the freelancer has rejected the request to return escrow funds, but I do not know this for certain.

I remember seeing one post from a freelancer who chose the wrong option and their dispute was closed and the money went back to the client, but unfortunately I can't remember which he chose and if he even said.

lysis10
Community Member

Petra R wrote:

I've never had a dispute, but from what I have read I think (not know)  this silly choice now arrives after the freelancer has rejected the request to return escrow funds, but I do not know this for certain.

I remember seeing one post from a freelancer who chose the wrong option and their dispute was closed and the money went back to the client, but unfortunately I can't remember which he chose and if he even said.

ah, ok. Thank you. I've never seen this screen before, so I'm confused at what point a freelancer sees this screen. I always use the buttons in email, so I wonder if this screen is shown if you haven't initiated things from the email messages but you go directly to the "dispute" section of your dashboard.

VladimirG
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Andrey,

I checked the choice you've been given on the dispute page and understand where the confusion is coming from. I'll share this feedback with the team so they could evaluate the process and while I personally believe you need to accept the dispute in order to move the process forward, I'll double-confirm with the team and follow up with an update soon. I'm also sorry about the issue you're having on this contract, our team will be able to advise you about the mediation process and options you'll be presented with during the dispute process.

If you need advice or clarification about any step or segment of your dispute, please communicate with the dispute agent and feel free to follow up here in the Community (without sharing any specific details).

~ Vladimir
Upwork

Vladimir G wrote:

Hi Andrey,

I checked the choice you've been given on the dispute page and understand where the confusion is coming from. I'll share this feedback with the team so they could evaluate the process and while I personally believe you need to accept the dispute in order to move the process forward, I'll double-confirm with the team and follow up with an update soon. I'm also sorry about the issue you're having on this contract, our team will be able to advise you about the mediation process and options you'll be presented with during the dispute process.

If you need advice or clarification about any step or segment of your dispute, please communicate with the dispute agent and feel free to follow up here in the Community (without sharing any specific details).

Vlad, I don't think a dispute person is assigned until after the motions from both client and freelancer, because after the final email, they tell you that a dispute is filed and you'll hear from a mediator. Before all the motions, the client can just give up and pay you before mediation begins. You probably know better than I do, but I think he has to reject. I'd love to know too in case I get into this situation, which is bound to happen with my luck :^) 

VladimirG
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Andrey/Jennifer/Petra,

As an update, I can confirm you don't need to take any action and someone from our mediation team will reach out to you soon, as part of the process once a dispute is successfully filed. 

Our team is currently updating the new dispute center and the functionality Andrey mentioned, in order to streamline users' experience. We apologize for the confusion the prompt you received has caused you.

~ Vladimir
Upwork

Grassyass, Vlad.

I think I understand now how the freelancer is seeing this screen. They are going to the dispute section after it's initiated and think they need to do something. I only ever work through emails and the trouble ticket created, so I think that's why I don't ever remember seeing this.

Hello, Vladimir

Already a few days are gone. None of the Upwork team contacted me.

Can you somehow solve this situation or connect a person to a discussion that can help me?

Hi Andrey,

I`m sorry about the delay with this and just to confirm that one of our dispute agents will update your ticket with more details as soon as possible. If you have any additional questions feel free to post them there and our team member will assist you further. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Good day.

We found a solution with a client and I would like to close the dispute. How to do it right?

Hi Andrey,

Feel free to follow up directly on your ticket with our dispute agent and our agent will assist you further with closing the dispute. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths