🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Dispute Help?
Page options
9f478dc2
Community Member

Dispute Help?

I was hired by a client to help with branding, social media, etc. It was an hourly contract.

I told her I would finish the website in 2 weeks and it was, but she continually asked me to make changes to it because she didn't like it. I made every change she asked me to. Then one day, she told me she wanted it "done" in less than 24 hours so she could present it for critique at a branding class she was in. (It was already done, all the images and content were on it, etc). I worked 5 hours that day making all the changes she wanted because she couldn't decide on a header image.

The next day she fired me because I wasn't working on her stuff enough. I told her I was sorry and hoped she could find someone to work on her website the way she wanted.

She is now threatening to dispute my work because she is saying I didn't get it done. (I did.) I tracked all my hours thru Upwork desktop program. I have messages where she is asking me to change the header images constantly and make changes to the completed website.

What am I supposed to do? I feel like I should be paid for the time I spent getting the website up and running, making the million changes she wanted, working on the header in Photoshop, etc. I just don't know what I am supposed to do or if I should even be communicating with her?

1 REPLY 1
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Elizabeth,

I'm sorry to hear about your experience. It looks like you’re communicating with our team regarding this case via this ticket. Please allow time for our team to respond and update the ticket. If you have any additional questions please post them on that ticket for further assistance.

Thank you for your patience!

~ Bojan
Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members