🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Dispute Resolve
Page options
hobilla
Community Member

Dispute Resolve

I have logged manual time.

Later that week, the client disputed the hours.

Since it is manual time, I know according to arbitrage policy, I will lose. 

I talked with client and later decided to refund.

That was $800.

After I refunded, it showed $740 on my reports > pending tab in red color.

I earned $100 today and then now it shows $640 in reports > pending tab.

In my reports > in review tab, it still shows $800.

Does it mean, the red colored amount on pending tab will be deducted from my NEW earnings? Or the $800 in "in review" will come to "pending" and adjust accordingly?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Yasir,

That is correct, the hours will move from In Review to Pending tab on Friday at 23:59 UTC and it will not show in red anymore.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Yasir,

Yes, since you issued a refund while the hours were still under the client's review period, it will show as Pending. Once the hours move from In Review to Pending, it will not show in red anymore.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
hobilla
Community Member

So, whatever amount is in my PENDING tab in red, will get adjusted once the $800 from IN REVIEW comes to PENDING? Am i right?

Also, is that time (moving from in review to pending) "just after" Friday 11.59pm UTC?

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Yasir,

That is correct, the hours will move from In Review to Pending tab on Friday at 23:59 UTC and it will not show in red anymore.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
hobilla
Community Member

Since i billed $800 and refunded $800, how much refund fee (if there is any) do i have to pay?

The "in review" and "pending" tabs don't add up.

Ultimately for this $800 logged in hours and later refund to client, how much do i loose and how much does client get and how much Upwork? (btw, i was on 5% commission tier with this client).

Can someone help me out here?

How much did i loose from my account for this logging in and refunding (for whatsoever agreed upon reasons)?

Hi Yasir,

Please check your transaction history. You can check that the service fee ( with the amount indicated) and the refund for the hours you logged are currently pending. Thanks!

~ Joanne
Upwork
petra_r
Community Member

Yasir S wrote:

How much did i loose from my account for this logging in and refunding (for whatsoever agreed upon reasons)?

Ultimately, it'll be as if you never logged those hours at all.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths