cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dispute Unresponsive Client

ibti9826
Ibtihal K Member Since: Oct 8, 2018
1 of 4

I have requested the payment for the milestone with my work all done and the client stopped responding to me. 4 days have passed and there is no response from the client even though I could see him online. I need the payment for the work I have done, please help me. 

martina_plaschka
Community Guru
Martina P Member Since: Jul 11, 2018
BEST ANSWER
2 of 4

@Ibtihal K wrote:

I have requested the payment for the milestone with my work all done and the client stopped responding to me. 4 days have passed and there is no response from the client even though I could see him online. I need the payment for the work I have done, please help me. 

After you have submitted your work using the submission button, the payment will be released to you automatically after 14 days, if the client does nothing. 

If you have asked the client to approve the milestone once, let it rest. Your client might be busy with other projects and other freelancers. It is nice when clients approve milestones immediately, but they have no obligation to do that. 

By no definition is your client unresponsive, and you are lightyears away from a dispute, so have a little patience. 

View solution in original post

ibti9826
Ibtihal K Member Since: Oct 8, 2018
3 of 4

Okay, I find it really disrepectful to be online for 4 whole days and not even bother to reply. But as long as I will be paid in the end, I would not mind being patience of course. Thank you for your immediate reply! 

martina_plaschka
Community Guru
Martina P Member Since: Jul 11, 2018
4 of 4

@Ibtihal K wrote:

Okay, I find it really disrepectful to be online for 4 whole days and not even bother to reply. But as long as I will be paid in the end, I would not mind being patience of course. Thank you for your immediate reply! 

Consider that your client might be too busy, or just not in the mood to reply to you. It is better to not take this personally. 

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS