🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Dispute: Upwork Mediator is no responding...
Page options
mahek-vaghani
Community Member

Dispute: Upwork Mediator is no responding from last 2 days

I have started a dispute with a client who was not willing to pay for the contract which I have completed perfectly. The deadline for arbitration is 9th March. On 8th March the client had agreed to pay for the contract and client asked mediator in group discussion to guide him as such client is saying he doesn't know how to release payment from escrow. There is no response of mediator from last 2 days. I had also messaged mediator many times in agent discussion to guide client and release escrow but mediator is not reponding from last 2 days. Why would mediator become silent at critical time?
Mediator has mentioned early that if I won’t pay the arbitration fee till 9 March, the escrow will go to the client. Today is the last date and I have to make decision to go to the arbitration based on if client doen't pay but Client had agreed too to release fund. I don't want to miss my deadlineof arbitration and they could send money to the client and close the dispute. Which I don’t want to happen.

Till now client didn't release escrow fund saying he doesn't know how to release fund in group discussion and client is asking mediator to guide him but there is no reponse from mediator. what are the next steps in this situation?

7 REPLIES 7
prestonhunter
Community Member

Be patient. Saturday and Sunday were the weekend.

Thank You Preston for your reply.

Will mediator will look forward to this dispute by today as soon as it is possible as today is the last date?

g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Mahek,

I understand your frustration with, rest assured our dispute team will post an update as soon as possible and assist you further. If you have any additional questions, feel free to follow up directly with your dispute agent. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Gorav, I am facing a similar issue. No mediator has contacted me in two business days. I do not want that biased review to affect my JSS. That is why it is urgent that this dispute must be resolved asap. I can provide you with details if needed. 

Hi Saad,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your concern with the team handling your case and one of our agents will follow up with you on your support ticket as soon as possible to assist you further. 

~ Nikola
Upwork
petra_r
Community Member

If the mediator does not reappear, you need to state that you wish to pay the arbitration fee. If the client declines to do so, you get the Escrow funds anyway.  I would NOT wait until the deadline has passed!

Thank You Goran and Petra for your prompt replies.

Can you please tell how can client release his fund from escrow(approving of the contract) when contract is in dispute?

If mediator doesn't reappear I would guide client through your answer and then if client disagree to release escrow I would pay arbitration fee by end of today.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths