🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Dispute & false bad review by client
Page options
priyank2004
Community Member

Dispute & false bad review by client

Last year I got to work with one of the clients who had a bad reputation & this ended up with a dispute. Upwork helped me by resolving the dispute and I was paid. But that client intentionally gave me a bad feedback which is affecting my business here. I need to urgently get it removed.

Please help! 

4 REPLIES 4
petra_r
Community Member

Priyank J wrote:

I need to urgently get it removed.

Are you top-rated? If so, you can remove it. If not, you can't.

prestonhunter
Community Member

Priyank: once you complete many jobs successfully, nobody, or nearly nobody, will notice this latest one. Any negative effects from it CAN be subsumed and counterbalanced by a body of successful, positive work when it comes to your JSS and overall profile page appearance.

And only the most recent jobs are displayed by default in your work history. Clients must click "show more" links/buttons in order to reveal more about ten recent jobs.

agrawalashish15
Community Member

Hi Preston,

I got the poor feedback intentionally. They provided me the .pdf file with their concern mentioned in this file.  Even though i have submitted the needed solution to client, he asked me to do more work.  They have filled the wrong/lie feedback and comment full of page.  So what should i do now?

Thanks

a_lipsey
Community Member

Priyank J wrote:

Last year I got to work with one of the clients who had a bad reputation & this ended up with a dispute. Upwork helped me by resolving the dispute and I was paid. But that client intentionally gave me a bad feedback which is affecting my business here. I need to urgently get it removed.

Please help! 

Based on your JSS it would seem that you do not communicate well with clients. If you want to continue on Upwork and land jobs, you will need to improve your JSS and likely your communication with clients to do so. 

You are not top rated so the only way for you to remove this feedback is to give a full refund on the contract. This will not remove the private feedback, but it will take the written feedback off your profile. The written feedback from this client is pretty damning that you did not understand the job fully before you took it. 

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members