🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Dispute and refund
Page options
noorali58
Community Member

Dispute and refund

Hello, If a clien make a "dispute" on hourly project and also "Requested refund" for current week's work diary at the same time for same payment beofre friday so, in this case if we approve just "Requested refund"but don't respond to "dispute" before friday then "dispute" would be cancelled automatically or it would also be paid automatically to client?

Thanks.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Noor A wrote:

"Time was correctly tracked and iI have already refunded more than the client originally asked for."  ?

Hourly disputes are decided purely on your work diary, (tracked, decent activity levels, meaningful work memos) so there is no need to add lots of detail.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
petra_r
Community Member

Noor A wrote:

Hello, If a clien make a "dispute" on hourly project and also "Requested refund" for current week's work diary at the same time for same payment beofre friday so, in this case if we approve just "Requested refund"but don't respond to "dispute" before friday then "dispute" would be cancelled automatically or it would also be paid automatically to client?

Can you explain what happened? Clients can't request a refund for the current week's hours because they have not yet been charged for them. They can only dispute the previous week's hours.

I worked for a client on hourly project and contract was started from 1st october 2020 . Work was about writing  stuffs  from an online android app**Edited for Community Guidelines**) to google sheet it was totally manually writitng articles and capturing logos from that app and uploading into google sheet. Client set limit of 20hrs/week, when i finished task which i did in 20hrs in first 2 days of week  then i informed to client that i have done work for 20hrs and now you need to allow me more hours for rest of the task then he changed hourly limit from 20hrs to 60hrs/week to complete rest of te tasks, so in this way i worked  60hrs in 1st week and updated in google sheet of client that i have completed work for 60hrs even client looked at my work every day every time because  i was doing work on his sheet.

When i started task of next week Monday October 5, 2020 then i worked for 8:40hrs to complete next task because work was divided into different tasks. On Monday  client appreciated my work even he was happy with my work , but when i finished all tasks and just two parts of last task were remaining then client said that you have done more hours and i wanna get refund for that even he was looking my performance and also was examining work day by day every time but when i completed work he just wanted to get back his money and he cancelled access of google sheets for me and then started arguing with me to give him  refund for 20hrs and even he said that which 2 parts are remaining you need to complete those free of cost otherwise i will give you bad feedback, in one side he wanted to do blackmailing me but i wanted to solve this matter in very polite way because i'm honest and i never thought anything bad for anyone elese because i know we all are struggling for our familes and supporting to eachothers with differet ways, when he didn't stop arguing with me then i decided to give him refund of 20hrs which he demanded because he was stressing me alot mentally which i never want so, i told him ok i give you 20hrs refund, but when he requested for refund he asked for 30hrs in "Requested refund" instead of 20hrs but i approved his refund of 30hrs too even he was commited for 20hrs.

Now again he has disputed for second week's work which i did 8:40hrs previous week. Now he has disputed and also have requested for those 8:40hrs which i did previous week but i didn't respond to him yet and i'm thinking that if i reject his dispute then Upwork will check memos of work and if they found any repeated memo they will make decision in right of client it's just I'm afraid because the work i did from Phone app to google sheet so in this case there might be any repeated memo as you know writing article take some time but if open could be open on Windows then there would be all track of work in memos but as i think there are almost no repeated memos in screenshots of time tracker becaue i worked conniously and every time's screenshot is about next article but just in one case it can be repeated where articles content was more and took time to writing it ito google sheet.

But i'm confused that if i reject his disptute then wahat step would be taken by upwork if the work was not to be done through phone app i would claim for eve last 30 hours too because there would be all proof of work in screen shoots whch did through phone app but he want to get more than 50% money back . I never have had such a clinet in my past jobs neither any client was unhappy with my work.

Kindly suggest me what should i do in this case that because i'm getting just what i did hardwork ay and night to complete his work but now he want money back after completion of work which is not fair.

Thanks

So you used the tracker, correct? And had meaningful memos and decent activity levels? 

Then I would just let the client dispute, and mention in the dispute response that the time was correctly tracked and you've already refunded more than the client originally asked for.

Yes i have tracker and also meaningful memos.

Thank you very much for your suggestion.

Kindly also suggest me about it tha can i copy paste all content in dispute to client which i have described briefly to you or just need to write it that " Time was correctly tracked and iI have already refunded more than the client originally asked for."  ?

Noor A wrote:

"Time was correctly tracked and iI have already refunded more than the client originally asked for."  ?

Hourly disputes are decided purely on your work diary, (tracked, decent activity levels, meaningful work memos) so there is no need to add lots of detail.

I have rejected dispute but he has requested refund too already and here is not given any option of reject "Requested refund" so, what i need to do in that case?

Noor A wrote:

I have rejected dispute but he has requested refund too already and here is not given any option of reject "Requested refund" so, what i need to do in that case?

Ignore it.

Enough is enough!

If i ignore "requested refund" upwork will not give payment of "requested refund" automatically to client?

Dear Petra, thank you very much  because of your guidance i have won dispute and i'm happy that your help become fruitful for me, I strongly appreciate your support and gudance. Thanks again . 

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths