🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Dispute for no reason, please help!
Page options
boanna
Community Member

Dispute for no reason, please help!

Dear, I have entered a dispute although I wanted to avoid the dispute as the client refuses to pay for the work well done. He is manipulating the conversation, stating demagogy about my process of work while he has got an excellent final product and refused to pay. He is lying and I have added a screenshot to prove the manipulative way of that client. 

At first, he wanted to pay, but not respect a contract. When I disagreed that he downgrades the price from the already low budget in the end, (as changing the terms under contract is not possible) and said he needs to pay the full agreed price, he then said he'll not pat anything, ended the contract and requested funds back. 

It is a very clear situation and it should be solved now. I have asked for a mediation agent but none joined still.

This is damaging the platform, terms and regulations and everything that this market place stands for. 

Proofreading is precise science and I did my work well. If he will use it or not, that's not my problem, he can say whatever in order to avoid to pay me. He needs to pay as the work is done WELL. He didn't stop me putting more hours, I already did that. He is pretending to be morally right while he lies and manipulates. That is outrageous! 

Please, help me solve this in peace and get compensated for days and nights of my hard work.

Thank you!

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

8 REPLIES 8
tarpindersingh
Community Member

It is advisable to take $200 and move on. Dispute will most probably be in client's favour and if you go for arbitration, the cost will be high.

How do you know it will be in favor of the client? He is lying and manipulating and proofs are on my side. I have attached various irregularities when it comes to him.

petra_r
Community Member

Bojana O wrote:

How do you know it will be in favor of the client?

Mediation is never decided in anyone's favour. Mediation can only suggest possible solutions, but their suggestions are non-binding.

If mediation fails, you can opt to go to arbitration, at a cost of $ 291 each party (Upwork, client and freelancer)

Only funds in Escrow can be disputed.

If the work was completed as per the contract, I would push on with the dispute, the client may well chicken out when their bluff is called.

boanna
Community Member

Thank you very much for your kind response!

I am willing to settle with a client, but he used threats in dispute, saying this is the last time he talks to me. He uses all kinds of manipulative ways of conversations as arguments: everything but the truth. I am very cooperative, always open to a solution, but a client is frustrating to work with, not collaborative, and he uses lies.
The screenshot attached is after I had got an allergy on the nerve base when he bullied me and was shouting on me on Skype. At that point, I was on the edge to report him for abuse but I kept calm and did my work.

UpWork should have a way to protect freelancers from abuse.

Again, thank you for your response. I greatly appreciate it!

Kind Regards,

Prof. Bojana S. O.

Also, he tried to manipulate me since the start of our cooperation by adding more work, editing the proposal after the contract has started,  and he did not inform me about it. He thought I will not notice and will work more for the same budget. I doubt that UpWork supports manipulation and irregularities. That is disrespecting the rules & regulations of this platform, as well as human rights.

g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Bojana,

I understand your frustration with this but please be mindful of our Community Guidelines. Posting private details publicly in our Community is not allowed. 

Feel free to update your dispute with the evidence or with additional questions if private details are involved. Our team will assist you further as soon as possible. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi Goran,

Pardon me, this the first, and hopefully, the last time that I have to go through something like this. 

Thank you for understanding!

g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Boajana,

I`m sorry to hear about the bad experience you had with your client. Once our dispute agent has reviewed the details will update your dispute and will also reach out to your client.

To learn more about our Dispute process check out this Thread. You can also check out this Help Article and learn more about our Fixed price payment protection. 

If you have any additional questions feel free to follow up on your dispute and our team member will assist you further as soon as possible. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths