🐈 Community
» Forums » Freelancers » Dispute of Refund Request
Page options
marin64
Community Member

Dispute of Refund Request

Hi,

I had a contract which lasted almost 13 milestones.

At the 13th milestone, which was almost completed by me (72 out of 100 images), the client stopped contacting and sending images so I couldn't fully complete the milestone.

After few months of inactivity, I believe Upwork closed the contract and sent me Refund Request.

Since I did complete everything that was given to me as a task, which can be easily determined out of our communication via Upwork, should I Dispute that Refund Request?

The client did the same thing to few other freelancers.

Anyone with similar experience?

Thank you

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
kat303
Community Member

If there are funds in escrow, and you do NOT dispute the refund request, then whatever is in escrow will go back to the client. So, IMO, yes, dispute the refund request otherwise you're going to lose what's in escrow (if there is anything in escrow.)

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
kat303
Community Member

If there are funds in escrow, and you do NOT dispute the refund request, then whatever is in escrow will go back to the client. So, IMO, yes, dispute the refund request otherwise you're going to lose what's in escrow (if there is anything in escrow.)

marin64
Community Member

Thank you.

My client submiited $140 in upwork account and he end the contract before time and I done complete half work so why my Upwork refund to client, even I trigger disput and also replies on it???

Hi Bhupendra, 

I understand that escrow was refunded to the client due to non response to the mediators request for additional information. Firstly, I would like to advise you that when a dispute arises, you are required to respond to the mediator via Zendesk and not on the dispute thread. You may review this policy in our Terms of Service using this link:  https://www.upwork.com/legal/fp/ under section 5.3. It is stated there that you will be contacted via ticket for dispute assistance.

In the future, please be sure to respond directly to tickets sent you regarding disputes as funds will be returned to the client if you remain unresponsive. 

You may refer to this ticket for more information about the actions done on the dispute. 

~ Avery
Upwork
Latest Articles
Upcoming Events
Feb 13
Feb 28
Upwork Community Virtual Hour
Community Hour English
Mar 28
Upwork Virtual Community Hour
Community Hour English
Learning Paths