🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Dispute on a Fixed Price Project
Page options
mittalnikita
Community Member

Dispute on a Fixed Price Project

Hello guys!

I am asking a question on behalf of my friend. 

He had a fixed price development project. The project started on Saturday, and the client wanted to have everything ready by Monday. He worked on it till late night, finished everything. The client was happy throuhgout the contract, and even ended with good feedback and bonus.

Now out of the blue, he is no longer satisfied with the work quality, and asked for refund. Both the parties are now been assisted by an upwork mediator as of now.

I want to know about the way ahead? What generally happens in cases like these? 

Thanks in advance!

1 REPLY 1
lysis10
Community Member

NIKITA M wrote:

Hello guys!

I am asking a question on behalf of my friend. 

He had a fixed price development project. The project started on Saturday, and the client wanted to have everything ready by Monday. He worked on it till late night, finished everything. The client was happy throuhgout the contract, and even ended with good feedback and bonus.

Now out of the blue, he is no longer satisfied with the work quality, and asked for refund. Both the parties are now been assisted by an upwork mediator as of now.

I want to know about the way ahead? What generally happens in cases like these? 

Thanks in advance!

You have an advantage since he released and even paid a bonus if this goes to arbitration. Also, since you already have the money, provided there is no fraud involved, he has an uphill battle. You can just say "nope, work is done and you were satisfied. You're not getting your money back, sweaty." This is probably some farmer whose client didn't like the work.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths